Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul   15 November 2019

Couldn't collect court summons via reg post, what's the next step?

Hi, I couldn't collect court summons which was through registered post. I was not available in the my home during that period and the postman didn't care to give a call even when apartment watchman asked to and I enquired in the postoffice and he said he returned it. Now What is the next step? I could see my hearing date in the ecourts website

Learning

6 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     15 November 2019

If you know the date you can go to the court on the date of hearing. If you do not go one of the two things can happen.

1. The case is adjounrned to a new date.

2. Issue an arrest warrant to the police to arrest you and produce you before the court.

In the first case you can ascertain and appear before the court on the new date.  In the second case (less likely) if you are not a history sheeter, the police will inform you of the next date and you can appear on the date.

1 Like

Rahul   15 November 2019

Thanks for the details.

Is it mandatory to collect summons before hearing ? I know the hearing date and sure will attend.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     15 November 2019

Dear Rahul,

You have to collect summons as early as possible so that you can more time to contest the case.

Regards,

1 Like

Rahul   15 November 2019

Dear Shirish Pawar,

I'm happy to collect summons and contest the case and I don't want to any delay from my side.

I couldn't collect the registered post. I was not available in the my place and postman didn't care to give a call even when apartment watchman asked to and I enquired in the postoffice and he said he returned it and my bad luck is yesterday is the 3rd time he has come to my place and extacly after 30min I have to come back from my work. I rushed to postoffice immediately but didn't find my registered post as the postmane left

My confusion is

1. how to collect the returned registered post ?
  2. Can I appear in court with out collecting summons ?

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     15 November 2019

Dear Rahul,

Court will give you all the documents once you appear in court throught advocate.

Regards,

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     15 November 2019

I have already answered your qustions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register