LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A venkat raman   30 August 2016

Coparcerners property

Hello, my mother got married in the year 1983, is she eligible for a share from her ancestors and fathers property..I am from Ap..please suggest me...

Learning

12 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 August 2016

Is the property still unpartitioned.is your grandfather alive.if not during which year he passed away

saravanan s (legal advisor)     30 August 2016

and to add to mr.ramesh reply if the ancestral property is unpartitioned till date also your mother would be eligible for a share

My meternalgrand father died in the year 1965,still Some of the property is unpartitioned,I heard that as my mother got married before ntr act she can't claim any share, is this correct regarding ntr act..pls suggest me..if she have right to claim how much share she can claim

My meternalgrand father died in the year 1965,still Some of the property is unpartitioned,I heard that as my mother got married before ntr act she can't claim any share, is this correct regarding ntr act..pls suggest me..if she have right to claim how much share she can claim

My meternalgrandfather died in the year 1965 leaving behind some self acquired property undivided. One of our advisor said as my mother got married before ntr act(1986), she is not eligible for any share in the property, is his contention correct regarding self acquired property, please suggest me

Regarding the above issue my mother executed a affidavit stating that she received 80000 rs as shreedhanam, and from now I won't have any right in the property..so after executing a affidavit still she is having right in coparcerners property

Amandeep singh   30 August 2016

With what school are u belonging mitakshra or diyabhaga?

I don't know please tell consequences of both the schools

I don't know please tell consequences of both schools

G P Vijay (Lawyer)     30 August 2016

Hi,Whenever you post a question mention the state you live and the property situate. There are state amendment to the Hindu Succession Act. As far as your maternal grandfather property is concerned your mother can claim only the self acquired property of your maternal grandfather. she has no right over the ancestral property. During those days before the NTR Act., the women was given only sridhana and not a share in immovable or movable properties. The NTR Act came in to existence in the year 1986. In Andra pradesh the NTR Act is codified to give equal right for women in the property.   Iif you are sure that the property was self earned property of your maternal grandfather  get an  appointment of a good property advocate in your locality he will advise you with the steps to be followed.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 August 2016

You have been advised by the member/experts.

Succession opens on date of death.

You should certainly visit a very able counsel specializing in revenue/property/family/civil matters for a considered opinion.

ADVOCATE NITIN KAPOOR (Advocate)     30 August 2016

Yes, after the amendment of 2005 (unaware of the facts of your case) women have full right to claim share in the property of father provided father had expired inestate.  Reference can be made from the recent pronouncement of the Supreme Court (SC) in the case of Prakash & Ors v. Phulavati & Ors, rendered on 16 October 2015.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register