We had a party at home (Dwarka, New Delhi) 3 months back. One of my neighours, with whom we had had arguments earlier and is pretty influential personality, called the police and complained.
Police reached our society while we were arguing with the neighbour, took me to the police station and registered a complained under Delhi Police Act 92, 93 & 97.They also conducted a medical test, where it was confirmed that I had consumed alcohol during the party.
After approx a week, I had to go to the district court, plead guilty and pay a fine of Rs 100.
After this was over, a friend suggested that I was now "covicted" and I should not treat this is as a minor incidence. I am a criminal by police & court records ...
Please help me understand if:
1) Will I now be traeated as a person with "Criminal Record"?
2) Will this affect my chances of getting into a goverment job?
3) For a private job, will this be an issue?
4) Even if it was a petty issue, will I need to "declare" this whereever it asks for "Ever been convicted by a court". For example for passport application etc.
5) Any other conciquesnces or details which I need to know?
Please advise since I am confused and worried because of this issue.