Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Kr Singh   27 February 2017

Promotion in case of minor penalty (withheld of 2 year increment)

I have been awarded Minor Penalty (withheld of 2 year increment) in Dec 2014. Which was effected from July 2015 and ending on June 2017. My next promotion was due on 2013 but since then DPC was pending. Now DPC held on 19-Jan-2017 and given back dated promotion to all with there pending dates. i.e. if pending from 2012, the person has given promotion from 2012 without monetary benefits. But in my case they are saying not to give till currency of penalty. In this case i will loss all this 6 month monetary additionally. Plus if management decide to give promotion with monetary benefits then it will be a major loss rather than two increments. Kindly suggest.

Learning

13 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2017

when the promotion accrued from the date when there was no penalty it will operate from that date.  In case notinal increment sof pay have been given from that date then the notional increments will accrue for 2013 &14.  The penalty will operate in new scale.

please clarifiy whether you are given actual/notinal backwages.

Amit Kr Singh   14 March 2017

Thanks for the reply. Sorry i didn't get the last line "actual/notinal backwages". As per the non-official communication i have received, i have been given the promotion on 2013. Right now without monetary benifits. Is there any case which i can show to my office like mine or any rule to prove my case to management???

Thanks for the reply. Sorry i didn't get the last line "actual/notinal backwages". As per the non-official communication i have received, i have been given the promotion on 2013. Right now without monetary benifits. Is there any case which i can show to my office like mine or any rule to prove my case to management???

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Promotion-in-case-of-minor-penalty-withheld-of-2-year-increment--147408.asp

(Guest)

Dear Amit,

You have not mentioned the date of issue of charge sheet. Promotion from back date, if recommended by the DPC, depends upon the date of issue of the charge sheet. If on the specified date of promotion, as recommended by the DPC there existed no charge sheet, you can be made eligible for promotion from back date, as there was no vigilabnce would have been pending on that date.

I have given chargesheet on 27-10-2014 and order of minor penalty was given on 01-12-2014. And most probaly (as no offical confirmation has given to me)  DPC recommended for backdated promotion from JAN 2013.

How can i procced further??

(Guest)

As there was no vigilance case pending before 27.10.2014, you are eligibale for promotion from January 2013. Effective representation is necessary to be made that may contain appropriate ruling on the issue to get the appointing authority convinced for your promotion.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 March 2017

"As per the non-official communication i have received, i have been given the promotion on 2013."

"And most probaly (as no offical confirmation has given to me) DPC recommended for backdated promotion from JAN 2013."

How can you expect to get correct asdvise when not sure of the facts you are sure of the facts.

Vikram   17 September 2023

Promotion in case of minor penalty of reduction of one increment and with holding of one increment. 

Sir, I am a central government employee. A penalty of with holding of one increment upto date 15.01.2024 is imposed on me.I had a break in service of 23 months from 24.01.2021 to 17.11.2022.But,my promotion was due from 01.07.2020 but I didn't attend interview at that time (which was conducted during my service break period but my name was there to attend interview and because of that, it's considered as deferred for promo at that time). Now, I am eligible for promotion atleast from 01.07.2023 but my name is not screened for interview saying that last four year APAR gradings are not available for me.

But, I am satisfying the basic requirement of promotion   i.e minimum residency period of 5 years. I  having 6 years residency period (excluding service break) 

I was last promoted on 01.07.2015 and I am having 2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023 APARs which have 'Very good' grading. 

Please tell me am I eligible to attend interview and promotion (if passed in interview) wef 01.07.2023

or I have to wait for another 5 years for promotion eligibility?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 September 2023

In your case the notional increments befor ethe commencement of penalty can be insistered (atleast appearing from facts given by you).

Vikram   23 September 2023

Sir..Please contact me @vikram_gieteee@yahoo.co.in

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 September 2023

Please send me personal mail in my profile page.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 September 2023

Mr. Vikram

Please post the facts/query in a fresh thread.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 September 2023

You can contact any advocate either from this forum or outside and get a proper legal opinion and suggestions in this regard for all such future issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register