Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

n p (others)     02 May 2023

Town municipal rule about repair of house.

Hello All,

I have an old house under TMC (Town Municipal Corporation, Karnataka) and yearly paying property tax. This building is having mentioned under the Form 3 of TMC rule meaning I have "Form-3" for this house.  Now my question is about the "repair" of the same house, how that "Repair" permission can we seek from TMC and what is the guidelines to be followed  for "Repair" ?   This house is having Roof Tiles & red-oxide floors, now under "repair" I would like to build RCC roof with vitrified or marble flooring. How can I submit "Repair" of the house application ?  Does TMC can provide permission under "Repair" act ?  What does TMC "Repair" act says about repaired construction ?

Thanks & Regards,

nara

Learning

5 Replies

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     02 May 2023

Dear Querist

Your query is subjective to local laws of your State wherein only local Advocate can guide you.

However, in general, if you are owner of land having constructed residence building and you want to repair your building then you need to obtain prior permission from municipal authorities for making any structural changes in building as compared to earlier approved house plan map.

kindly hire legal services of local lawyer for accurate solution and process formalities with municipal corporation.

Feel free to contact for further clarifications.

Regards
Mohit Chahal
Advocate
WhatsApp No. 9968911099

https://mohitchahaladvocate.business.site

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 May 2023

To my understanding, routine  repair does not require any permission unless it enhances occupied area and/or involve substantial alteration as to tax liability of the structure.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 May 2023

You may consult a structural engineer, explain your requirements, he will take care of obtaining permission of local authorities to renovation or strutural repairs etc on his terms.

He will even assist you to get all the repair works done on a contractual basis.

1 Like

n p (others)     07 May 2023

Thank you all

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 May 2023

You  are welcome for your compliments

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register