LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Syed   22 June 2024

Same House Number

We have a plot say No:7-3-123 of 200 sq yds and we have sold a part of it 50 sq yds. Now the 50sq yds plot is also showing the same Number as 7-3-123 with new owner name instead of my name. Ideally it should be 7-3-123/1.
Please can you let me know how to rectify it.


 4 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     22 June 2024

Get a rectification deed registered with new number.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     22 June 2024

You can approach the local body (Mpl/panchayat) authorities with the copy of documents and request them to issue a sub number to the original door number.

Syed   22 June 2024

Thanks a lot Vashista and Kavksatyanarayana for your valuable suggestions.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2024

After having sold a portion of the property. you should have gone for subdivision of the property. 

In that case the sub number for survey number will be allotted,  even now you can apply for subdivision. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register