LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mumbai Car   04 July 2022

Relatives threatening

My friend taken investment amount of Rs.11.5 lakhs from his friend with some promise of high returns of total amount of Rs.16 lacs after 6 months period. His friend agree without any agreement and taken total amount security cheque and house papers (No agreement) 

My friend share payment receipt only on whatsapp.

But after only one month his friend started demanding amount to return total amount. But my friend used that amount as he already promised to return after six month period.

But his friend started harrassing & threatening to vacant the house and also taken one police officer for recovery. His friend is saying that will file the FIR of cheating but he already have his post dated cheques and house papers (No agreement) and threatening to vacant the house.

So in this case what my friend can do, without any court order and police officer threatening shall he vacant the house or file anticipatory bail application or file cross police complaint against him.

Please guide.

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     04 July 2022

Hello,

He has to approach the local police station and file a complaint about the threat against the lender. Please note that he cannot avoid repaying the loan taken. 

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 July 2022

Admittedly, the arrangement is between two friends. It is strange that a stranger to this issue is seeking legal opinion.

1 Like

Mumbai Car   05 July 2022

Originally posted by : P. Venu

Admittedly, the arrangement is between two friends. It is strange that a stranger to this issue is seeking legal opinion.

Thanks, But friends can"t be strangers. Only friend will help other friend in any difficulties

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register