Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yasaswi gomes (.)     10 July 2021

Foreigners act

Hi,

A group of people visit India and recruit people. They took money from a guy and did not place him abroad. If he logs a police complaint, hope the Foreigner act will not give them diplomatic immunity to prevent arrest because they are operating their MNC company here? 

Txs. 

Learning

2 Replies

BHAVYA SOM GARG   16 July 2021

On the basis of the situation enumerated by you, I wish to say you that the Foreigners Act, 1946 empowers the government to regulate the activities of foreigners coming in the Indian territory and ensuring that they abide by the laws of the land and not violate the terms of their Visa. In the present situation, the foreigners will not get any immunity from this Act, rather they can be imprisoned upto 5 years if their acts violate the terms of their Visa. Since they took money from the people and did not give them the job, they’ll be liable for fraud under the contract law. Further, they formed a company in the Indian territory and since a company is a body corporate under the Companies Act, it can be sued as an artificial person under whose name the offence of cheating was committed. Hope this satisfies your query.

1 Like

yasaswi gomes (.)     17 July 2021

The information is explicate. Only the north government is working quickly and properly without much bias probably. It is a hectic task here, the authorities are acting as if they like foreigners and not Indians. They don’t even want to log an FIR. I had heard first hand and experienced it that even foreign police consider Indians more important than local people. This is not good. 

What ever, I need an FIR booked, action taken, wrap up the case by getting the money back. If the police don’t book a complaint, there is no national security.

Authorities should realise, there is no red carpet welcome to me if I immigrate to USA. They bring in FDI or corporates does not mean they can be reckless with me. I am suffering from others breaching my personal privacy laws, Eve teasing, defamation, tail gating laws.

I swore at school that all Indians and foreigners are equal and that I shall respect them both equally. My offenders must have that shame for not taking a national oath. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register