Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     01 November 2020

Harassment complt for raising objections in gated community

Hi Everyone, 

I am a resident inside a gated community in Tiruverkadu Area in Chennai. I have raised objections against the community for passing rules without consulting with all the residents for which they have raised a complaint against me stating that "Harass women" and senior citizens. 

Besides raising objections against the rules passed by judgement, I have just requested a fellow resident who is also holding a position in association as secretary to park her vehicle few metres away since it's causing inconvenience to walk. She took this as harassment and posted in the whatsapp group as a complaint and removed from the group. 

Please let me know how can I deal in this kind of situation where association openly harasses a resident for asking questions. 

What options I have to fight this case legally and can I file a defamation case asking for compensation. 

Regards

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     01 November 2020

1. YES .... You can definitely TRY to file Criminal & Civil case for defamation and claiming compensation.  This case MUST be supported with all relevant documentary evidences and witnesses.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

1 Like

Krishnaya vasudevaya (--)     01 November 2020

Hi Hemant, 

Thank you for the response. 

Should I file an online complaint at the local police station first or send a legal notice to the association with the help of a lawyer. Association asked 2 days time for the response however I fear they will file a complaint against me in these 2 days time. 

From my side, I have only evidences of the chat messages which I have sent. 

Regards

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 November 2020

Before jumping into such actions, consider meeting the concerned Association office-bearers explaining your stand with more clarity and also sending it as a message through the what's app group and as you have to spend the rest of your life in such a community, it is always proper to reconcile and compromise on some incidents.  Never enter into litigation or police complaints as they destroy your peace of mind and bring you more enemies for a very, very trivial issue.

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 November 2020

The posting suggests ego clashes than any cause for action.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More