Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Punit   29 October 2015

Need advise on divorce case

//

Hi This is Punitt here from Pune...

My Info is, I am a software Engg, Wife Software Engg..

Married in Jan 2015 and looking for separation now ...Can we go for Null and Void OR do we need to wait for 1 yr to be completed and then file for Divrce,

We both are agreed for separation.

Now the story is..

I got married in month of jan 2015..Engagement happened 6 mnths back in Jul 2014...from Jul 2014 till jan 2015 , everything was a win win situation...I never tought that I would have to see this day in my life.

Whatever promises she exchaged were turned out to be fake as of today... Now when we got married in month of Jan 2015, within 5 days she told that she never wanted to marry me and her parents forced her for this marriage..... and she refused to have any physical relation ..I asked te reason for the same but she never told.

One of my friend told me take a help of counsellor and accordingly I did that... He told us that we can not go for separation as of today as it has been just 10 days to your marriage.. And again Court will give you 6 months of reconciliation time,, so better you take that chance now itself so that none of you b sorry later.

now its more than 6 months to our marriage and we did not have any kind of Physical Relationsip between us ...she did not even stayed at my place for not more than 2 months out of these 8 months... and One day she took all her goods and went back to her parental home and refused to come back ( for no reason..no fight between us ).

During all these days I tried my level best to continue or convince her to continue with this marriage.. its from My side , her relatives side...Also as per ounsellor's suggestion i had not told this at my home.

But when she went back to her home inspite of all the efforts I took , my patience level came to an end.

We finally called it off and now taken a decision to go for seperation.

Can anyone please suggest , can we go for null an void of the marriage? Also do we require to go for counselling again ( 6 months reconciliation time) as counselling has already happened.

ow about going in Lok Adalat for this matter ?

Also any other suggestion ?

//

In continuation on my previous query,

I have filed he case for getting the nullity of our marriage. I have mentioned all the things which had happened and filed the petition in court.

My lawyer is saying that our case is very strong ( on ground of cruelty) and its just matter of few months to get separated once she produce her acceptance before court.This has been filed on mutual agreement.

Now the thing is , my wife is passing on messages like she is guilty and she wants to continue with this marriage .. She has deep regret and bla bla….. I have also some feelings for her and want to give her a last chance…but my mind says , it could be her tactics to trap me and my family as there is not a single instance from me or my family where she has been harassed in any possible way… So probably o seek alimony or maintenance she wants to file some false allegations against me once she is back to my home..As in the last meeting with her and her family , I had big fight with her and her family and I had beaten their family … I know its wrong thing I did but I had no option other than this.. Police stn was managed somehow and no case, No FIR against any of us.So I feel once se is back , she will try to take revenge of this and spoil my  ad my whole family’s life.

At the moments, I don’t have any kind of trust on her…So looking for some advice if she does not provide her acceptance before court , what should be next steps further.

Learning

10 Replies

Priscilla Samuel   29 October 2015

Even if she doesnot give acceptance the entire case can  work on merits. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     29 October 2015

you would have filed for nullification based on the reason of non consumation of marriage.but in this case if the wife states that the marriage had been consumed then the marriage wouldnt be nullified.

in that case you need to wait for a year to file contested divorce on some other ground.till that time or even when the divorce proceeeding is going on you cant refuse to accomadate your wife in the matrimonial home.

1 Like

Punit   29 October 2015

can't I ask for her medical Check up as marriage has not been cosummated ....and what if , she comes to my home and try to create some situation on the basis of which she can file any allegation on me or my family.

can't I deny her even when she wants to come to my home ? And also she has threatened me wih he suicidal thoughts... if she attempts one but survive , she would probably ruin my life this way ?

Is there any legal way to avoid her coming to my home ?

(Guest)

You beat them up?  Bravo.  Good going.  Take her back would be my suggestion.  If you listen to lawyers and file divorce petition, then you are doomed for life.  On the other hand if you take her back, she will roam behind u like a puppy all her life.  Better take back the null and void case you have filed, you been married for 6 months nw, null and void wont work in your case, only filing divorce petition will be an option. if you are adamant about filing divorce take mutual divorce, which is best for all or else take her back and start living marital life., as I see no point in your filing contested divorce, she will file all criminal cases for the grudge that you beat all of them and also you did not take her bacck inspite of multiple requests, getting out of all false cases will easily take a life time.

I hope you are mature enough to analyze this advice and act accordingly.

SuperHero (Manager)     29 October 2015

@Punit - The foundation of the marriage is not strong. And the Marital life has crossed boundaries and enter into the door steps of the court.

And to add that you have Man handled them.

You blame them and they blame you. Where will it end???

If you have Trust and Respect and if you can manage her Life long take her and lead a marital life. 

Better go to a different city and make sure the communication is less with your Parents and In laws until you both have adjusted together.

If not then both of you including families will adjust going to Police Station, Lawyers Office and roaming around courts loosing Money, Health and Time.

Yes agreed some times things go hay wire, Okay Past is Past, what you have is Present and Future.

May be your wife Parents would have brain washed her to go back to Husband's house. You need to know the truth and whether she wants to join and willing to cohabitat from Heart.

Talk to your wife. See if things can be worked out. If she wants to join make sure she give it in writing that she will not commit suicide or make some drama...

You know her better..Good Luck to You.

Punit   30 October 2015

@Helping hand , thanks for ur suggestion....yes I had to do it...my wife's family provoked me to take negative steps..i understand , I shud not reveal such things on a public forum but just wanted to putforth the truth before u all .....She is afraid to come to my home bcoz of the incident i mentioned .....I can not live separately witb her leaving my parents alone as thr is a lot of dependency on me from family perspective...if she really want to try and continue with this relationship then can't I get it written from her in court itself with our conditions ? Is it a legal way ?any negative implications of thiss ?

Punit   30 October 2015

@SuperHero , thanks for your suggestion too !! It's not possible for me to relocate to any other city as I have to care of my family...Even I dont want to go for a contested divorce...if she gives divorce mutually then well n god if not then I am afraid what will be further consequence...I dont want to pay her a single penny as it was never my fault with this relationship...what has happened till now was all because of her n her family... One of my relatives who is a high rank police ofcr suggested me that if she file any false allegation on you , thr is no point in suffering something which have not done ...Better you do it n then suffer...it will take same time in court even when u r guilty or not guilty....we have passed on this msg to her family through one of common relative and they are saying they dont want anything and they will give divorce straight away...now I am just afraid , they shud not change their words in court... What kind of allegations they can file on us with all this? If she files false 498 and DV case on us and if its proved to be false case , then Can I take any legal action against her like defamation ?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Punit
@Helping hand , thanks for ur suggestion....yes I had to do it...my wife's family provoked me to take negative steps..i understand , I shud not reveal such things on a public forum but just wanted to putforth the truth before u all .....She is afraid to come to my home bcoz of the incident i mentioned
.....I can not live separately witb her leaving my parents alone as thr is a lot of dependency on me from family perspective...if she really want to try and continue with this relationship then can't I get it written from her in court itself with our conditions ?

Is it a legal way ?any negative implications of thiss ?

MOU ie memorandum of understanding etc all looks like a big joke.  Though can be done, but does not hold any value, if she goes back on her words, then nothing can be done and LAW is just a mute spectator.

If you want to take her back, put all your thoughts before her.  Say sorry.  Ask for forgiveness, beating someone that too female cannot be called manly behavior.  Let her also put her thoughts across to you.  Come to a common conclusion and get back to living together.

If she wants you to take separate accomodation, then do it, girls cant get along with in-laws, and if you cant leave your moms pallu even now, or cannot leave them and go at this age, then you should not have gotten married in the first place.  Girls would adjust and go during my age and time ie in 70s not in 2015, now they want everything independent, they wont listen to husband why will they listen to in-laws?

Either ways you are the best judge for your situation.  Which ever decision you take, stick to it, dont waver, and later dont blame anyone including yourself for the consequences of the future.  Good luck.

SuperHero (Manager)     02 November 2015

Originally posted by : Punit
@SuperHero , thanks for your suggestion too !! It's not possible for me to relocate to any other city as I have to care of my family...Even I dont want to go for a contested divorce...if she gives divorce mutually then well n god if not then I am afraid what will be further consequence...I dont want to pay her a single penny as it was never my fault with this relationship...what has happened till now was all because of her n her family...

One of my relatives who is a high rank police ofcr suggested me that if she file any false allegation on you , thr is no point in suffering something which have not done ...Better you do it n then suffer...it will take same time in court even when u r guilty or not guilty....we have passed on this msg to her family through one of common relative and they are saying they dont want anything and they will give divorce straight away...now I am just afraid , they shud not change their words in court...

What kind of allegations they can file on us with all this?

If she files false 498 and DV case on us and if its proved to be false case , then Can I take any legal action against her like defamation ?

@Punit - You said its not possible,but if you are given a job in Foreign location with a good pay check would you straight away decline it. You would think about it right...

There are Soliders who fight at the Country borders leaving Parents, Wife and Children...protecting the Country.

Yes I agree you have to take care of Parents, but People have different mindsets and attitudes in today's world.

Better if you take a rented accomodation atleast 2 - 3 houses away that is not something wrong.

Some measurable distance is GOOD in my opinion rest is upto you. Advises are  well given..

Kill the Fear...Else the Fear will Kill You....

Again you are back to square one.......

advocate andrea menezes   14 November 2015

Advocate Andrea Menezes

Family Lawyer Practicing at Bombay High Court

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register