LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohammed Nayeem (Prop)     09 June 2014

Damage to the property due to falling of hoarding

Due to strong winds a large Hoarding installed on my adjacent building (on top of II floor) fell down on my shop building ( building & business establishment both owned by me) damaging my CR sheet roofing completely and causing severe damage to my stocks(paints), storage racks, furniture and two wheeler. estimated loss is around 4 lakhs. The owner of the adjacent building lifted his hands saying it is the Advertising agency's responsibility. I have noticed that the hoarding which fell down was not having a foundation at all and there was no anchoring to the roof and this has caused the failure. I approached police and a case on the building owner & Ad agency is registered u/s 427. the ad agency representative offered Rs. 1.5 Lakhs as compensation which I declined to accept and demanded to fully compensate my loss. some people advised me accept it instead of legal course of action. Please advice me 

Learning

6 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     09 June 2014

If your loss is not so huge and you don't want to indulge in then negotiate the matter any ask for some more money and do compromise on it

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     09 June 2014

If your loss is not so huge and you don't want to indulge in litigation as you are a businessman, then negotiate the matter and ask for some more money and do compromise on it .
1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 June 2014

It is always better to accept the compromised offer to the loss you suffered instead of running to the court for years and getting the same amount or not getting anything finally.  This was an accidental fall for which no one can be held responsible except that the advertisers should have thought over it and handled it carefully.

1 Like

Mohammed Nayeem (Prop)     29 July 2014

thanks for your advice I have settled the matter as adviced at Rs. 1.75 lakhs

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 July 2014

and saved litigation expenses.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 July 2014

You are welcome for your appreciations and happy to see that you have been suitably compensated.  Hope your problem is solved.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register