LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram Kumar (Director)     31 August 2013

Who pays for conveyance deed in a re-development society

I have purchased a flat in a redevelopment building where society is not formed.

The builder wants to execute a Conveyance Deed in the name of the society so that the ownership of the land will be transfered to the society.

The builder is asking us to bear the expenses of the deed.

Questions:

1) Can anyone tell me who needs to pay for this Conveyance Deed ? (I am not a part of the redevelopment, I have purchased a new flat)

2) If the flat owners are not liable to pay for the Conveyance what if the builder has mentioned about this in the agreement, is this still valid.

3) Can OC be obtained by the builder without the conveyance deed ? , he says the Conveyance is necessary in order to obtain the OC

4) How much is the conveyance deed.

Will appreciate expert opinions on this.

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

2BHelpfull (Other)     01 September 2013

Originally posted by : Ram Kumar

I have purchased a flat in a redevelopment building where society is not formed.

The builder wants to execute a Conveyance Deed in the name of the society so that the ownership of the land will be transfered to the society.

The builder is asking us to bear the expenses of the deed.

Questions:

1) Can anyone tell me who needs to pay for this Conveyance Deed ? (I am not a part of the redevelopment, I have purchased a new flat) Conveyance Deed is for the benefit of the soceity so generally Society pay it.

2) If the flat owners are not liable to pay for the Conveyance what if the builder has mentioned about this in the agreement, is this still valid.

3) Can OC be obtained by the builder without the conveyance deed ? , he says the Conveyance is necessary in order to obtain the OC

Yes OC can be obtainned without Conveyance Deed.

4) How much is the conveyance deed.

Will appreciate expert opinions on this.

Thanks

Sir

If the society is not formed then first step is to form the society n get the society registered.

As for the conveyency exp. if all flat owner has paid stamp duty on there flat then the stamp duty for the conveyency deed will be nominal.

1 Like

Ram Kumar (Director)     01 September 2013

Thanks for the answers.

My Query:

"As for the conveyency exp. if all flat owner has paid stamp duty on there flat then the stamp duty for the conveyency deed will be nominal."

What in case some flats are unsold, will the stamp duty vary for the registered and un-registered flat ?

2BHelpfull (Other)     02 September 2013

builder will not give conveyence if some of the flat r unsold.

b'cs sale of flat generate profit , n after conveyance the ownership of the property(bldg n land ) is trf to society .n then builder has no right on the property.

Ram Kumar (Director)     02 May 2014

In a redeveloped building, the conveyance (land transfer charges) are be paid equally by the new purchasers and the old tenants ?

The builder says he cannot charge the tenants who have been given the new flats and it is to be equally divided among the new buyers.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register