LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Warning from motherinlaw

I got married last year and it was a love marriage and agreed by both side parents.After 2month of my marriage my mother in law and her daughter (she is married but visit our home everymonth for one week) start doing doing politics against me.My husband not taking anyone side even i am not talking with both of them after several arguments.Now after one year my inlaw start giving threatening to my husband to leave the house.Property is in her name.Both me and my husband are tensed as we dont have money to buy a new home or go for rent house.

My question is there any law in which we can claim our part of property from her? She is 60yrs old and widow but her mind run by her daughter.Kindly suggest what we can do?

Learning

9 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     04 May 2013

No you can not do anything if it is her property.

(Guest)

Is not her own purchase property.My husband should also get  small part from his father property.Is there any law in which we can claim?

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     04 May 2013

If it is ancestral property your husband can claim his share in that property legally.  If it is self acquired property of your father in law your husband cannot claim share in that property if he had given it as gift to your mother in law.  Otherwise if he died without writing a will or without giving it as gift to his wife, your husband can claim his share in that property.

victim of faith (self)     04 May 2013

@ Need Justice
appreciate ur practical solution.
with ur permission like to add few:

don't waste enery to decide whether egg comes first or chicken.

Instead of deciding & giving judgement of whose fault is, one should handle the situation in such a way that no one feel unhappy.

Though it is difficult but not IMPOSSIBLE.

ragz hyder (PM)     05 May 2013

Guddi

Be independent and show self respect both of you - your husband and yourself living off an old woman and pestering her.

victim of faith (self)     05 May 2013

@ sangi:
" Is not her own purchase property.My husband should also get  small part from his father property.Is there any law in which we can claim? "

let me tell u

understand ur anxiety, bt it is not an aticate of Aristocrate & Cultured person like u to seek advise publicly abt legal right in property of spouse unless and until wants to try to get benefit under new amended hindu marriage act.
personally, don't see anything wrong if law permits. so don't say u r a 'GOLD DIGGER.'

if not, thn consult a good lawyer alongwith hubby.

bcoz w/o divorce, wife has no right to ask.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     05 May 2013

Whats ur husband's stand on this matter? Does he want to get cases registered against his mother or not?

Ranee....... (NA)     05 May 2013

Originally posted by : guddi

@ sangi:
" Is not her own purchase property.My husband should also get  small part from his father property.Is there any law in which we can claim? "

let me tell u

understand ur anxiety, bt it is not an aticate of Aristocrate & Cultured person like u to seek advise publicly abt legal right in property of spouse unless and until wants to try to get benefit under new amended hindu marriage act.
personally, don't see anything wrong if law permits. so don't say u r a 'GOLD DIGGER.'

if not, thn consult a good lawyer alongwith hubby.

bcoz w/o divorce, wife has no right to ask.

Hello Guddi, you have sent me a PM.I request you to check the message as I did not understand that.Thanks .

Harsh (Manager)     05 May 2013

@author You got married last year and you and your husband both are together in this. 1) I think you should live independently and happily. how come you people dont have rent money? how did you get married without any financial backing? does your husband or you have a job or not? 2) If your husband has a legal right on the property, he can get a stay order on any sales proceedings. His mother will not be able to sell it. 3) for now, I suggest not to get greedy or try to secure your life by eyeing property - work hard and get your own property. 4) let the old woman live in peace (you have your husband and your life). 5) you have no money for rent, but you are smart enough to post such a query on an internet forum !!
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register