Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shiv shiv shiv (unemployed)     02 July 2012

Need advice on dv

Dear LD.friends

Sometime back i have discussed abt the situation of my friend who was in despair, now DV has been slapped on him by his wife ,they have been called for mediation , for the last 6 years they have been staying seperatly, now the missus have gifted him with DV, seems the sole purpose is money , she is not willing to divorce , but wants the reliefs provided under the said act, he is umemployed, earlier she was working , but in order to draw priveleges from the said act she gave up her job ( the abla naari syndrome)

what steps he needs to take get ot of this & save his old parents , his siblings are married, she has filed the case in adifferent jurisdiction to cause harrassment to him

should he apply for divorce now? what precautionry measures he can take to save his life?

thanks to all my learned friends for your advice in advance, BTW they are christians

best regards

shiv

Learning

7 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     02 July 2012

@ Author,

. What is actual dd/mm/yyyy of separation?
2. Who all are made respondents in DV Complaint and their respective relationship to your friend?
3. Which city your friend lives and which city his wife lives?
4. What is the actual dd/mm/yyyy of admitting DV Complaint in Court?
5. When was actual dd/mm/yyyy of last hearing in Court?
6. Has your friend marked his presence in
DV Court till date?
7. When is next date of hearing as in dd/mm/yyyy format?

If you feel you should reply serially as to the point asked in above questions via PM mode, then you are welcome to do so otherwise also generic forum is open for accepting such non-intrusive replies
J  

1 Like

MADURAI LAWYER (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     06 July 2012

Dear Sir,

Kindly ask your friend to file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights. Since his wife had resigned her job in the recent past only to claim benefits from her husband, she is not entitled to claim maintenance from him. If the complaint under DV Act had been  forwarded to the Protection Officer, your friend and other accused persons can appear before the concerned officer on receiving notice in this regard and represent their case effectively in such a manner that the officer may send his/her report to the Court in your favour.

For any clarification, you  or your friend can speak to me on 9842197857. 

https://www.jeevaganadvocate.com/contact.php

1 Like

shiv shiv shiv (unemployed)     11 July 2012

they recently had their first mediation session , where the lady says she is willing to cohabit, but my friend said that with all the allgations in the dv petion it is impossible to stay with her , the mediator started scaring my friend saying that he will have to pay maintenance & all the oher reliefs, since he is unemployed for quite long time his bank balance is zero , again the mediator repeated his statement , he was firm in his decision in his decision & said he waswilling to go imprisonment , his wife was startled , the mediator has alloted them another date especially for my frienfd to come with  positive answer

Never Give Up (Fighter)     11 July 2012

Do not bow down to pressure..face it boldly...

1 Like

dr.pawan rajyan (member and secretory)     11 July 2012

what option remains for your friend beside filing divorce.he is allready 5 years late.regards

1 Like

rajiv_lodha (zz)     12 July 2012

No point going the RCR way

1 Like

shiv shiv shiv (unemployed)     12 July 2012

thank you for your support on this forum

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register