LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Senior citizen (none)     01 July 2012

Can i format the gpa revocation deed on a stamp paper myself

Can I type out the GPA Revocation Deed format on a Stamp paper myself and send it out to the GPA holder of my property to cancel the GPA or do I have to get it done at a lawyers office?

Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

I also want to mention that I'm an NRI. How do I get the Revocation deed registered if I'm not in the country [India]? Is my physical presence required to do so? 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     01 July 2012

Sir

[1] You can very well prepare a revocation to gpa deed, affixing the requisite value of stamps, if you are fully conversant with the relevant laws.

[2] You have to get it notarized by the office of the Indian Embassy at the nation you are resident of.

[3] You have to send a registered notice of revocation to the person to whom you have given the gpa, also you have to advertise the revocation, of the gpa, in the local language news papers of the city where the property is situtated at.

Regards,

Kishor Mehta

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     01 July 2012

Sir

[1] You can very well prepare a revocation to gpa deed, affixing the requisite value of stamps, if you are fully conversant with the relevant laws.

[2] You have to get it notarized by the office of the Indian Embassy at the nation you are resident of.

[3] You have to send a registered notice of revocation to the person to whom you have given the gpa, also you have to advertise the revocation, of the gpa, in the local language news papers of the city where the property is situtated at.

Regards,

Kishor Mehta

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 July 2012

You can draft revocation deed and get it attested and submit. However, the deed shall have to be attested by local Executive Magistrate.  

Thanks much for the quick response. Appreciate it.

Would you be aware of where I might be able to get an Indian Stamp paper in the US? or should I have some one mail me the stamp papers from India?

What do I have to do if I have to appoint someone to take care of my Indian property, like, say for property management, without giving a GPA? I just want them to safe gaurd my property in my absence, get any maintainance work done if necessary, make sure there are no tresspassers etc., without any legal powers like a GPA holder does.

Thanks.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     02 July 2012

Sir,

[1] You have to get the Indian stamp paper, of the requisite amount, from the state where the property is situated.

[2] In order to manage the affairs of a property some authority is required, in your case, instead of a blanket gpa, you may give a special power of attorney, bestowing certain specific rights only, to enable a person to safe guard your rights in the property and look after its day to day management. 

Regards,

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register