LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemant Sharma (Group Manager)     19 January 2012

Divorce confusion

Got married to my wife on 26 Oct 2007. It was love marriage and she had eloped from her home. My parents were supportig the marriage.

28 Oct 2007...she filled a complaint in the local police station against her parents stating that she is being blackmailed and forced out of this marriage.

07 August 2010, we were blessed with a baby girl.

18 Dec 2011, she left home after a fight. Went to the police station to get an FIR logged against me. She claimed that I had beaten her up. When the police asked her to come for a medical, she refused as nothing like this happened. It was a verbal fight. Then she changed her statement that she was beaten up in past and was tortured. There has been no complaint in the police station prior to this...infact she never approached police prior to this. We only used to have arguements over things like that she wants to go out with me to watch a movie or wants to go for shopping. However, her mother has managed to elevate her misunderstanding against me by brainwashing her whenever she used to have an arguement with me.

19 Dec 2011, she came with lady constable and an ASI to take our baby and took her away.

19-30 Dec, friends and family approached her to make her understand that I am not a wrong person and that she should also look at our daughters future. She told everyone that she will take me to the court for divorce.

She went to the police station and filled complaint against them as well (only a written complaint) that I am sending people to her place to force her to come back.

30 December, she approached Delhi Mahila Ayog (Delhi Comission for Women) and I recieved the summon to appear before them on 8th Feb 2012. I somehow managed to contact the lady member before whom my complaint has been filed. The very polite and aged lady told me that she had filled a complaint claiming that I had used her debit and credit cards without her consent and taken a loan on her name, which now she does not want to pay of and wants me to pay of.

13 January, she approached the police station again to follow up about the complaint that she had made against my friends and seniors. The SI and IO of this case called me and showed me her statement. It said "As of now, I do not want any action against my husband and I just want you to scold him so that he stops disturbing me by sending people to ask for a compromise." The IO also told me that she has not filled a case for divorce yet, however, on asking what she wanted, her reply was still the same that she wants a divorce. 

I do not want to spoil our lives, she has been brainwashed by her parents, she is a little immature of her age and hence acting in such a way.

Will Delhi Comission for Women be effective in counselling her? And what is her intent of all this, she says she wants a divorce, but is not going to the court, she tells the police not to take any action against me, but to scold me, she approaches DCW not for marriage dispute...but for loan...

Learning

5 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     19 January 2012

Misuse of law.

wife is just threatening.

try to reconcile / get MCD

1 Like

(Guest)

MR. HEMANT YOU R A GOOD HUMAN BEING AS YOU ARE FORGIVING HER MISTAKES. YA I THINK YOUR WIFE IS MAY BE BRAINWASHED. TAKE TIME SHE WILL REGRET LATER. PLEASE YOU DON'T TAKE FIRST INITIATIVE TO GO TO COURT. DON'T TRY TO RECONCILE BUT JUST BE STILL AND LET THE GOODS THINGS WILL HAPPEN AUTOMATICALLY.

1 Like

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     19 January 2012

The irony of men is that they can not live with women and also can not live with them.

2 Like

(Guest)

Your wife seems to be QuarrelSome, First Sign was when she registered complaint agaist her OWN parents. Later same Tactic she used against you.Not Surprised to say she is Not reliable.
Try to gather Evidence against her, Get the Copy of her Complaints with the One she registered against her Own parents.
Dont be panic and DO NOT fear, she is threatening you, Visit Mahila Aayog See the Situation, DO NOT Disclose your further Action Plan Or any Evidence you have. They will reframe your complaint later if Mediation Fails. Try to Drag Mediation as much as possible, They cant Issue Warrant for not attending.
Be Calm. Take Care

1 Like

Hemant Sharma (Group Manager)     20 January 2012

@shally: thanks for the positive note...even I am hopeful of the same...

@jsdn: Irony is always a part of life...

@zameer: I won't say she is not reliable. I will just say that she misunderstood my intent of my arguements with her and special thanks to my mother in law...as per me, as a child...she has suffered a lot and got no correct guidence from her parents...my appologies for disclosing it now, however, can you imagine the character of a father who has molested her own daughter for a week when the mother was away and just imagine the character of the mother who scolded her daughter back and asked her not to tell anyone about this. It is all because of their way of upbringing that my wife has never seen a social life and does not understand any social responsibilities. I used to scold her on her mistakes only thinking that she is my kid rather than my daughter and I just wanted her to become so strong that she can handle any situation in my absense as she will be alone after my mother goes away...which is why divorce is not in my dictionary and I will do everything in my power to save the relationship as both my wife's and daughter's future is at stake...sorry if I have offended anyone....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register