Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Singithang (no)     30 September 2011

Need advice

Sir

I did not had a warm relation with my wife for over 2 years. She left my home without my concern to stay at her father's place with my schooling daughter last December. In between i got remarried  this July since she was not willing to give me divorce. I had even talked with her father but he just wanted me to look for a year and then after another two more years. I have a 6 year old daughter. Now after i got remarried they are going for the lawyers. What should i do?

Learning

7 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     30 September 2011

who advised to get married when your first marriage is subsisting.. Your second marriage is void and non existence. You have further exposed yourself to prosecution in criminal law. 

(Guest)

you may be charged with BIGAMY.

rv (snist)     30 September 2011

sir/madam,

i have a friend who is hindu and wants to marry a muslim man.they both work abroad.but indians by nationality.they want to get married in india.they cant spend more than a week in india due to their work constraints.what is the feasible way for them to get married legally ?

1.how much time would it take for a special marriage 1954 act?

2.can they convert their marriage into a special marriage later...?

please do reply.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     30 September 2011

If both partners are firm there are simple ways out otherwise society and law will not allow you to live.

1 Like

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     01 October 2011

Singithang,

shocking act of yours.

1. Did u inform ur 2nd wife of ur first marriage?

2. Did u tell abt ur child. 

It seems u had prior illecit relations because of which she left and u jumped to get married 2nd time.

It seems ur 2nd wife was interested in seeing ur marriage broken and she is successful. 

Present life/ our all acts  is fully controlled/governed by laws.Ignorance of law is not an excuse.

U will suffer in court and rightly so. 

(Guest)

Singithang

Marrying second time without getting divorce is illegal as per Hindu Marraige Act.

Having said that, one need to be practical - whatever has happened --- has happened. You need to see whether you can get divorce from your first wife.

Till the time you get divorce from first wife, you should do everything to ensure that second marraige is not proved in court. Other party can prove your second marraige by marraige certificate, marraige pictures, girls and her parents depositions, pujari depositions etc. You need to think broadly 

Indian court recognizes paying guest relationship very well.

Don't let yourself bogged down by it ... when thousands of metro wives are living is adultry and husbands can not do anything about it.

(Guest)

You may be charged..but may not be proved...

Do whatever it takes to protect yourself...jo ho gaya..so ho gaya..ab aage dekho..

I hope you did not register your second marriage

Are there pictures? Where was it done - Temple...

A culprit is a culprit when proven guilty..otherwise..he is  not...

Dont worry ..use your mind..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More