LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vidya John (Inspector)     17 September 2011

My lawyer has misplaced my papers

Good Morning, I am facing a very peculiar problem. I had given my lawer a file which contained a very important document, which I require for filing a complaint in the consumer forum. It was a sealed envelope containg a leag notice to the builder, which he had refuised to accept. My lawyer had taken both the envelope as well as my copy to issue another notice to the builder. Now he says he cannot find them as he is in the process of packing as his building is going in for re-development. I do not have any other copy. I also do not remember the exact date of the Notice. What can I do in this case? Can anyone please guide me?

Thank you,

Vidya John

Learning

2 Replies

AAK (Advocate)     17 September 2011

(I presume only legal notice is lost) Issue another notice to builder.. Anyhow the builder has "refused" it. you can issue notice to him again.

1 Like

Vidya John (Inspector)     17 September 2011

Thank you, Ajit. This Notice which was lost, was sent a year ago.. it had the post mark 'not accepted' on it, so I thought I'd request my lawyer for another copy and ask the Postal authorities for a certificate.. I am sending the builder another Notice today itself.

Once again, thank you for the prompt response.

Regards

Vidya

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register