LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     07 September 2011

Advocate as stamp vendor?

Is it right and proper under the Advocates Act, for an Advocate to engaged in business as Stamp Vendor?

Learning

5 Replies

jayant (legal)     08 September 2011

No it is not proper. Either you become stamp vendor or Advocate you will chosse onely one amoung these two

1 Like

jagadishwer (member )     10 September 2011

advocate cannot be engaged in business activities as per the Advocates act and proviso of the Bar council of India. Selling stamps as a Stamp Vendor is categorised under Business , as such an Advocate cannot be on record of active Business. 

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     27 October 2011

At the very outset, I want to record that I am not an advocate, but have gone through the act couple of times and have practical experiences in the matter in question.

Well, advocate stands well above the stamp vendor in the hierarchy. Thus, given the societal yardsticks with which one is measured for the respect, treatment...... s/he gets/deserves it is better for an advocate not to get into the vending stamps.

But, if you were to see the aspect through my lens, then you will see that it is a DEFINITELY A NEED!!!! Coz':- 1. This is an important allied aspect to the profession in question, without which the profession itself comes to a grinding halt.

2. As far as one earns his/her livelihood in a fair manner, it is perfectly alright.

3. There are compulsions for lawyers to agument their source of revenue.

4. The Advocates Act, 1961 per se does not bar advocates from this activity. If there are any needs, one could always request apt authorities to permit this activity alongside his regular functions.

In fact, I suggest that the mode of revenue for the government itself be changed so that advocates could become an authorised e-intermediary where money itself gets transferred through e-process or even through m (i.e. mobile). If this were to happen, the frauds that India has seen in case of stamp paper: false papers, illegal hoarding of papers etc can be done away with once for all AND ALL THE PEOPLE (i.e. who fear displacement etc) CAN BE HAPPILY RELOCATED WITHIN THE SYSTEM, only that the functionality and not even their location may be different.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 November 2011

What about merchandise in Law Book stall by an Advocate?

Ritik Kothari   03 June 2023

क्या किसी के पास स्टाम्प वेंडर लायसेंस हो और वो वकालात करना चाहे तो हो सकती है क्या और दूसरा अगर नहीं हो सकती हो तो क्या  एक को किसी को ड्राप कर सकते है क्या यानी wind up कर सकते है कोई न्यूज़ फोटो है क्या 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register