LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Need divorce

I am in love with a guy fo past 4yrs bt unfortunately I was married to a man 25days bak. Now I want to get divorce asap both are from hindu. what shud I do further? I am unhappy with this life. I want to marry my love.

Learning

5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     09 July 2011

@ Author

As per current provisions of any Marriage Laws you have to wait 1 year.  
Reasoning:
Unfortunately divorce laws are not meant for fly by night bedsheet change intentions based that today you marry and and just because the marriage was not of your choice you kick him out in under 30 days of marriage ! If he would have done this to you in under 30 days what would you have done to him and by this we donot mean that relief shall not be given to you but there is always a method to approach Law for relief and in your case you need 1 year wait as you donot have valid ground for exceptional circumstances divorce under 1 year clause even.  

1 Like

(Guest)

marriage is unregistered one still is it not poss? for this one year can i live separate by law?

@ Lady

Donot put words in my mouth.

2. Law of separation does not permit such frivolous ideas legally.

However do think twice before embarking on such "self created separation scenarios" and also think of his side and extended family's of yours side too and lastly think; tomorrow if your this lover leaves you because he got into another women meanwhile then what will be your cause of action then !!!!!!

Marriage is hard to find now-a-days with women favoring laws looming over thousands of Indian men's head and under such adversial backdrop let us not treat about 30 days old marriage so casually.

However other writers views may differ however above are my views which you may or may not subscribe to and is purely your take but Law stands as stated till now in above replies.

(Guest)

thnx fo ur reply.. wel situatn difers person to person.. i alone knw hw much i strugled to stop tis marj anyhw thnx fo ur advice sir. i wount post here evr.

@ Lady

Is it not interesting to go through below post;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Dowry-case-against-husband-who-accepted-her-as-sister-39637.asp 

[PS.: This is my last reply to this thread to the author]

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register