LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Partha 498a (INDIVIDUAL)     29 August 2010

Pressure from Lawyer

My Lawyer pressurised me for a settlement by paying cash & also giving pressure to agree Divorce to my wife. Allegation raised by my wife is totally bogus & false.

I am in fear to change Lawyer because he is a renowned lawyer & having too much influence so, he may support my opponent for take his revenge.

Anybody can you help me about above matter.

Learning

4 Replies

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora. (Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India)     29 August 2010

Dear Querist,

It is upto your wisdom whether or not you wish to continue to instruct your present lawyer and if you have genuine apprehension that he would in any way jeopardise your stand in the pending case, you may withdraw Vakalatnama filed in his favour. This is the first thing you should do the moment you smell foul play by the said lawyer.

Trust this would suffice.

Rabin Majumder

Advocate & Attorney

Nu.Delhi.Law.Fora

New Delhi

1 Like

(Guest)

write ur case in detail and which all cases going on. not necessarily he did it wrong. how much u paid?

(Guest)

Mr Datta

There is no problem of changing lawyer. Next time you go to court , say to judge that you have withdrwan the Vakalatnama and has appointed new one and present vakalatnama. This is the simple procedure......Do not be afraid of changing the lawyer.

Now some advocate think that clent should be always at their mercy and extract money.

You have said the lawyer is renowned one so he should be aftraid of you since his reputation is at stake not of you.

Next time you appoint the new advocate tell him the story of previous advocate so that new lawyer can not dare to repeat the same.

I advise you never give original papers to your lawyer untill these are of such nature that these are to be file in the court. Always keeps copy of dox given to lawyer and court. This step will ease your problem

Mr Bechara and written in the interest of Judiciary

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 August 2010

BE BRAVE.

CHANGE YOUR LAWYER IMMEDIATELY.

AS YOU TOLD, IT SEEMS TO ME THAT, THE SAID ADVOCATE TOOK BRIBE FROM THE OTHER PARTY.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More