Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ash_12 (student)     30 July 2016

Contradiction in name- is name change only option?

Hello,

My cousin is having some doubts regarding her middle name and last name. Suppose her name is Urvashi kumari and the same is written in her all educational documents from school to university (10 standard to masters). Her surname is mishra. Her pan card and voter card has name urvashi kumari not the surname. She uses her last name as urvashi mishra when she has to sign n in other non official purpose  like gmail accounts twitter and in routine . All people know her by urvashi mishra.

But , her professor  added her last name urvashi mishra in her article publication, so it may cause contradiction in her name. 

so what can she do to correct all this. can she drop her middle name , can she add her last name by legal methods going thorugh gazeette and newspaper publication. If she changes her name as urvashi kumari mishra by affidavit so that means she has to change her name in pan card and adhaar card also. Right...is it necessary to change name in pan card / aadhar card also..

Or if she gets a certificate from notary stating her name as Urvashi kumari mishra, so she can write her name as urvashi mishra if she dosent want to use kumari as her middle name in official documents.

Can it be broblematic if she choose to go by her first and last name instead of having her first middle and last name written in new certificate.

Plesae help in this matter.

Thank you. Waiting for response.

Learning

1 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     02 August 2016

My name is also variedly mentioned in various documents just the same way as in the case of Madam Mishra. For intance my name is mentioned in three varied manner in three different degree certificates. It is mentioned in a fourth manner in my PAN card. I always gave my name in a standard manner but have not encountered any problem anywhere so far. As regards publication of a paper or an article question can arise if there is dispute on identity with regard to any copyright, patent or an award. If she wants she can go through all the procedure for change of name.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register