LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debabrat Swain   11 August 2018

Contractual Appointment

Is it legal to make contractual appointment by a State Govt under Article 309 against sanctioned post by direct recruitment process through SSC for a period of 6 years to be regular???

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     12 August 2018

I dont think the Govt. might have made contractual appointment for 6 years in one go.  

Please come with clear facts.  

According to me, you have not told the truth when you said that the govt. has made contractual appointment for a period of 6 years.

Debabrat Swain   10 September 2018

Thank you Sir. Actual fact is that I have been posted as Junior Assistant under Govt of Odisha on contractual basis against sanctioned posts by direct recruitment through Staff Selection Commission with guarrantee of regularization after 6 years of continious service as per "Odisha Group-C and Group-D posts (contractual appointment) Rules, 2013" where it is mentioned that We can draw remuneration of initial pay plus grade pay of our pay band i.e. 5200+1900 for six years with yearly 10% increment. But after 7th pay commission our respective pay band was revised to Rs.19900/- whereas Govt amended the above rule named "Odisha Group-C and Group-D Posts (Contractual Appointment) Amendment Rules, 2017 " and not allowed to draw the revised initial pay band on the otherhand Govt hiked our remuneration 25% above the prerevised pay scale i.e Rs.7100 to Rs.8880/-. So Sir please share the legal aspects on the above issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register