Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Niranjani Kumar   30 April 2016

Contempt petition disposed

Hi All,

I'm writing this on behalf of my mother. We have filed a Writ Petition case for compensation of land acquirsation in the year 2007 where the compensation money was given to our neighbourhood by the RTO and collector. As the result, the high court announced that the RTO and collector should not take the decision about the compensation, only the subcourt should have an authority. The collector and RTO didn't response to the result and so we again filed the CONTEMPT PETITION case in the high court against collector and RTO , but as our lawyer didnt attent the case regularly the case has reached DISPOSED state. Kindly help us to proceed in the right direction. 

state : Tamil Nadu

Thanks in advance !!!

Learning

4 Replies

Kunuthur Srinivasa Reddy   30 April 2016

Between the client and the lawyer, client should be million times more active and alert than the lawyer concerned in tracking and following up the case. The clients should not develop overconfidence on the lawyer. In fact, lot of information should be fed to the lawyer relevant to the case by the client, since lawyers do not find quality time to allot for handling the case. 

Niranjani Kumar   01 May 2016

Yes.. Kindly help us to what need to be do futher !!

Kunuthur Srinivasa Reddy   10 June 2016

The Counsel on your behalf has to file a petition for condonation for the delay in responding to the proceedings of the Court concerned and to file an appeal for reconsideration. If the judgment is aleady pronounced, it has to be challenged in the higher Court appointing another lawyer who is faithful, loyal to you and who does not indulge in match fixing which has become quite common these days. Just like in any other profession, degeneration of human values and ethics yielded in favour of cash and posh luxuries. Therefore, as I already cautioned, clients should be active, alert and vigilant and not to develop blind faith.

Kunuthur Srinivasa Reddy   10 June 2016

The Counsel on your behalf has to file a petition for condonation for the delay in responding to the proceedings of the Court concerned and to file an appeal for reconsideration. If the judgment is aleady pronounced, it has to be challenged in the higher Court appointing another lawyer who is faithful, loyal to you and who does not indulge in match fixing which has become quite common these days. Just like in any other profession, degeneration of human values and ethics yielded in favour of cash and posh luxuries. Therefore, as I already cautioned, clients should be active, alert and vigilant and not to develop blind faith.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register