LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

josephmartin (engineer)     25 June 2011

contempt petition and further developements

In oue case  SC uphold the vedict of CAT & High court for giving equal pay for equal worck ( We demanded pay parity with our seniors who are enjoying highher scales than us).Snice the government didnt implimented the verdict after 3 months after the SC vedict, we filed the contempt petition case in CAT, and hearing is on july 19,2011. But now after getting the notice in contempt petition for non implimentation of SC order for pay parity to us , the government is now trying to revert the higher  scales already got by our seniors,and thus trying deny upgraded scales to the junior employees.Is it legally possible to do such things to over reach the SC verdict ,especially quoting developements happened after the receipt of the notice for contempt case.Please help me by answering my query.


 2 Replies

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     27 June 2011


Dear Mr.Joseph,

Government cant over turn the decision taken by the court by reverting their previous circular, as well your senior staff will not tollerate it. please go through the court ruling that, whether directing the government to maintain parity by proving the same salary which giving to the seniors at that time or just maintain parity.

You can file an interim petition to stay the goverment salary revision stating that it will advsersaly affect the merit of you case and ultimately defraud the court ruling.


With regards


Sajeev Menon, Dubai

1 Like

josephmartin (engineer)     29 June 2011

Dear Sajeev Menon, thank you for your prompt reply, can you please tell me whether   it is possible to file  an advance interim petition against the possible reversion of higher scales already enjoyes by our seniors (Something like a CAVEAT petition).?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query