Consumer protection against builder

Due to delayed delivery & deficiency of services, an application U/S. 12(a) read with section 17, 17(1)(a)(i) of the consumer protection act 1986 was filed against builder Happy Highrises Limited at the State Consumer Court, Kolkata on 18.10.2017.

The unit was registered to me in January 2016. I have not received any compensation for delayed delivery of the unit and for deficiency of services.

In an WS dated 14.05.2018, the respondent prayed to dismiss the appeal on the following grounds.

  1. The company Happy Highrises Limited has been amalgamated with Godrej Properties Limited with all of its assets, liabilities, right title, interest and obligations w.e.f 01.05.2016.
  2. I signed a no dues/ no claim letter dated 25.01.2016 as the time of possession.
  3. I failed to pay the instalment amounts as an when requested by the responded.

An application for amendment Under order 01, rule 03 and rule 10(4), along with under order - 06, rule - 17 read with section 151 has been filed by me.

I am not a legal person, but want to contest the case. What should be my approach & arguments.


Take services of local advocate for help. As advice on limited facts will not beneficial.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x