Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Debashis   15 September 2022

Consumer forum,railway and safety

Greetings,

The District Consumer Forum dismissed my case saying that it does not have the right to seek remedy in the Consumer Forum.

Case: Me and my wife bought two tickets in AC3, some fellow passengers and their relatives beat us including my 5 yrs old child(I called police, as TT didn't help me) I was very scared and TT couldn't guarantee my safety ,so I canceled my trip and filed NCR and went for Medical from government hospital.

The chairman wanted me to provide a case law to prove the negligence of service from the railways, the chairman says that it is not under consumer forum. I should go for criminal prosecution, which I will do later.

Can you help me to get any such order? To prove that the railways cannot provide my security and hence I could not complete my journey for which I had purchased the ticket.

Regards,

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     15 September 2022

Consumer Commission has no jurisdiction to decide the matters relating to Railway or offence commitrd during the journey by Rail/Train.Against above such matters or crime approach to Railway Court or Tribunal having jurisdiction.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register