Consumer court case against online company

I had ordered a product from an online company in Kolkata. The product was promised to be delivered on a particular date as I was leaving Delhi after that. However, the product was not delivered on that date. I asked the company to contact the courier company to halt the delivery, which they promised they would. After that I remained in touch with them and was assured That the issue has been taken care of and the product will be resent to my new address. However, after about 10 days, they informed that the product has been delivered to my old address and that they are no longer liable. Ostensibly, the product was handed over to a security guard of my building by the courier person. Tracking shows that the product was delivered 3 days after I had asked them to halt the delivery. I do not live at my old address anymore and am not able to locate my package.

My old residence was in Noida and the concerned company is in Kolkata. What remedy is available to me now. Can I file a case in consumer forum in Noida or should I do it in Kolkata.




Yes,servives provided to you by company is definitely comes under the purview of deficiency and for that you can file complaint before DCRF at NOIDA as cause of action arise at NOID. you had placed the order and made request to deliver the product at new address but they delivered at old address.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x