LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Damu (aaa)     03 January 2013

Construction of permanent infrastructure in public place

Recently I purchased an independent house and just opposite to my plot is an open place earmarked as PARK in the layout diagram. After few months, Gram Panchayat has built up foundation with four pillars and a slab saying that it is menat for School (Anganwaadi).

Few months months later, the colony welfare association came out saying that the General Body has decided to construct a temple or so called Dhyan Mandir which will be used by public.

Can any registered body viz., welfare association of colony decide upon themselves and say that the earmaked PARK as per layout will used to construct temple.

They say that the concerned from Panchayat have given permission to them, but they do not show any documentary proof as such. The neighbouring plot owners of the park are hesitating to come forward to say any word (except one or two!!)

In the colony circular for general body meeting also they never mentioned anything about the temple construction issue. They say that nobody has attended the meeting hence the general body has taken this decision by themselves.

Is this correct procedure?

First of all, can a temple be constructed in public place earmarked for Park?

Kindly clarify whom to approach and the procedure to put forward the grievance.

Learning

1 Replies

Damu (aaa)     26 January 2013

Recently I purchased an independent house and just opposite to my plot is an open place earmarked as PARK in the layout diagram. After few months, Gram Panchayat has built up foundation with four pillars and a slab saying that it is menat for School (Anganwaadi).

Few months months later, the colony welfare association came out saying that the General Body has decided to construct a temple or so called Dhyan Mandir which will be used by public.

Can any registered body viz., welfare association of colony decide upon themselves and say that the earmaked PARK as per layout will used to construct temple.

They say that the concerned from Panchayat have given permission to them, but they do not show any documentary proof as such. The neighbouring plot owners of the park are hesitating to come forward to say any word (except one or two!!)

In the colony circular for general body meeting also they never mentioned anything about the temple construction issue. They say that nobody has attended the meeting hence the general body has taken this decision by themselves.

Is this correct procedure?

First of all, can a temple be constructed in public place earmarked for Park?

Kindly clarify whom to approach and the procedure to put forward the grievance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register