Consent divorce

Private employee

Dear Team, After 4 years of fight in court and lots of mediation, we concluded to file mutual divorce. I first filed divorce then in counter she filed 498a and dvc. I have a daughter aged 4yrs Her demand is to pay the full amount on her name as DD, however she is fine if mention in mutual petition that 6lac is paid for daughter and 4 is for her. With 6 lac she should educate my daughter and perform her marriage when attains majority. And they shall not have any rights in my property or share property My question is, if I just make DD on my wife name alone despite above conditions, could she create any problems?

Put 6 lakhs as a Fixed deposit in the name of your daughter..  on the terms that she cannot liquidate it before the daughter reaches the age of 18 years. 


OR maybe.. Rs. 3 lakhs + 3 lakhs FD - where she can use one for her schooling and the other when required by the daughter.. !! 


Private employee

Thanks Mohan for the prompt response. But actually her demand is to put the money on her name alone. Later she will put around 6lac on my daughter's name My concern is, as I am putting whole amount on her name, would there be any complications of it? Despite the fact that in mutual agreement it would be written that though 10lac being demand drafted on my wife's name, 6l out of 10L to be deposited on my daughter's name by wife for daughter's schooling and marriage expenses or her life time permanent Alimony



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x