Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinay (employee)     29 December 2016

Compromise on the cases

Hi team! My query is my both cases that is 498a and divorce is in contested state. Now respondent or complainant is coming with an compromise on it before elders. Now what I want to say is we will give you as per the notary happened before elders. What also want to say is she had to withdraw all the false cases on me and need to go on MCD. Once everything is done then we wil give the settlement account before judge in cheque when ever divorce is granted. Please need your inputs or suggestion on this.


 1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 December 2016

In the case of divorce by mutual consent under Section 13-B of the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955( a Hindu], you have the full liberty of arriving at a mutually agreed lumpsum settlement amount. The court will not intervene in this and the law is silent on this. Both, husband and wife, can agree to the terms of mutual consent divorce, including the settlement amount as the full and final settlement. Again, it is between the two parties to decide by mutual agreement as to how and when this settlement amount is to be paid.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query