LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (.)     28 March 2015

Complaint given to cbi and rti response received

Hi Sir, I have given complaint to CBI in Hyderabad on Police circle Inspector for asking bribe and harassment  and later I filed RTI asking for status of complaint and what action taken on my complaint ,when FIR receive on complaint and why had been no action taken on my complaint.  I got reply from CBI Officer saying ‘your complaint forwarded to state police for necessary action and Postal order amount returned but I didn’t receive the details of whom they forwarded my complaint. Please advise Shall I go for First appeal or how to proceed with this. Thanks for ur time

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 March 2015

First collect facts before you commence your fight.

It is absolutely impossible to expect CBI to take up direct cases from common man and it should be either through respective Govt., or CVC

CBI entertains complaints only against Central Govt employees depending on gravity of the case.  Mostly even in Central cases neither CBI nor CVC takes up cases, and your complaint will be sent to concerned dept., Vigilance cell only.

In case of State, the matter has to be taken up either by Superiors or by Anti Corruption Bureau depending on the issue involved.

You may file first appeal stating that CPIO has not provided information on particulars of such transfer and named SPIO and PA to whom application was transferred, and also returned the RTI fee.

Either you can wait for their response or contact any experts in the matter with whom further follow up can be made on complaint.

I personally feel that filing petition before HRC is cost effective and more powerful in case of police harassment.  But first inform the same to concerned higher officials like SP or DIG , wait for a month and then decide yourself on the issue as to alternates.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 March 2015

I am not able to agree with the statement"-

It is absolutely impossible to expect CBI to take up direct cases from common man and it should be either through respective Govt., or CVC

I can agree with the statement "-

CBI entertains complaints only against Central Govt employees depending on gravity of the case.

Bribery cases are taken up directly by the CBI immediately as and when made and normally arrest takes place within 2-3 days.  But CBI acts on such cases only in case of employees of central depttt/PSU or agaisnt state deptt/PSU employees if the state has conferred jurisdiction by notification.

In absence of such notification the cases against state employees are taken by state vigilance bureau adopting the same procedure.

Please intimate full facts of the case for getting meaningful advise.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 April 2015

First of all, in  my opinion, you have knocked the wrong door for a right solution.  You have remedies with the Vigilance and anti corruption police with whom you should have lodged the complaint against the alleged corrupt police official, having refused by them or over their inaction  you could have escalated the matter with their higher office in the district/state.  CBI is not the first option for such complaints. However, you may prefer an appeal in the said RTI to collect information about fate of your complaint and the details of the office in which it is lying or have been forwarded to.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register