LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gods Vanity (Assistant Manager)     22 August 2015

Complainant

IS there a possibility if Complainant can argue own case,If yes, whats the procedure? Thanks

Learning

6 Replies

Its Pathetic when the JUdge says " why should i Listen to you", i cant believe such statements coming from such educated ppl.

I am not sure which court should i approach o same court, Hgh court, or who????

Aishwarya   22 August 2015

You cant just keep any irrelevant fact but you must have to keep a proper and legal point of view and for the same Hon'ble judge would look into it. And thereis a provision in the constitution where one can argue his own case without the need of any lawyer or if the party is too poor to pay for the fees of lawyer then in that case Ami cuscurae are appointed who will argue from your side.

There were facts which was in cheif, but Lawyer was may be confused, just to quote the dates which is on my finger tips bcz i have victim the curcumstances and at times it wont come to advocate out of sudden shuffling to his file. I dont see any irrevleant talking in this. For a moment feels like withdrawing the case and to walk out of the court. May be initially i dint wanted to report the crime, as have heard lot about weak judiciary system, i m not trying to violate Advocate Act, but atleast i cant assist my lawyer.

Every case cant be a false case, if few files a false case or turns hostile all cant be kept in same category

P.THANGAVEL (ADVOCATE & LEGAL CONSULTANT)     22 August 2015

Sir,

Though you have right to represent your case, it is preferrable to engage a trained Lawyer and you can assist him for effective presentation of your points.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     23 August 2015

Sir,

When an advovate is appointed and he has filed his vakalatnama, usually the Court Authorities will not permit the plaintiff/defendent to argue or address the Court, the advocate has to forward the arguements.

However, when the Plaintiff/Defendent has specifically informed the Court that he/she will argue his/her own case, and no  advocate is appointed, then he/she can defintely argue their cases.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Gods Vanity (Assistant Manager)     24 August 2015

THanks everyone

Another question is when Fast Track Cases are meant to be In -Camera Trial cases, why would a Judge ask the Advocate to declare the facts and ask him to narrate the whole story in a Jam Packed Court during Final arguement, where other courts follow the Final arguement also as In camera Trial. It was difficult to walk out of the court , cz few facts were something not to be disclosed publicly. How insensitive a Lady judge can be towards a Woman's privacy , that too in a 376 IPC case

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register