LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

competent auth?

I have now recd a reply to my queries on Unit Run Canteens ( exclusive to regular military units ) being allowed to be run by the countries watchdog agency ( the Controllers of Defence Accounts) from a section officer( Mr Umed Singh) of IHQ MoD(Army) Dt Dte Gen of Canteen Services, Room No 16, L-1 Block, Church Road , New Delhi. It states " Policy matters regarding extension of Canteen facilities to various entitled categories is taken after due deliberation and approval by the competent auth."- CDA staff/Est are a wholly NON-ENTITLED category in respect to CSD facility which is exclusive to TROOPS ( regular military personnel).

Earlier i was informed against my RTI queries that during a meeting of BOCCS ( Board of Contro Canteen Services) whose chairman is our Def Min held in the year 1986 it was decided to extend canteen facility to civilian employees of Min of Def ( paid out of Def Estimates ) on compassionate grounds( namely they have served the deptt well ).Nowhere it is mentioned that CDA EST /STAFF are auth to run their own URCs.

I would like to know who is the competent auth and whose approval was taken for the entitled categories after due deliberations . Can any advocate help me in this regards as i am yet to finalise my PIL on the issue? 

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by :haridas mandal
"
I have now recd a reply to my queries on Unit Run Canteens ( exclusive to regular military units ) being allowed to be run by the countries watchdog agency ( the Controllers of Defence Accounts) from a section officer( Mr Umed Singh) of IHQ MoD(Army) Dt Dte Gen of Canteen Services, Room No 16, L-1 Block, Church Road , New Delhi. It states " Policy matters regarding extension of Canteen facilities to various entitled categories is taken after due deliberation and approval by the competent auth."- CDA staff/Est are a wholly NON-ENTITLED category in respect to CSD facility which is exclusive to TROOPS ( regular military personnel).

Earlier i was informed against my RTI queries that during a meeting of BOCCS ( Board of Contro Canteen Services) whose chairman is our Def Min held in the year 1986 it was decided to extend canteen facility to civilian employees of Min of Def ( paid out of Def Estimates ) on compassionate grounds( namely they have served the deptt well ).Nowhere it is mentioned that CDA EST /STAFF are auth to run their own URCs.

I would like to know who is the competent auth and whose approval was taken for the entitled categories after due deliberations . Can any advocate help me in this regards as i am yet to finalise my PIL on the issue? 
"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register