Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s_bhatt   31 March 2016

Company is not paying gratuity amount

Dear Sir,

I have joined a company in June 2010 and they have transfer me to another company on Apr 2013  and given me transfer letter from one company to another and mentioning my service is continuance of previous employment and commenced work on Apr 2013 from another
company i have resigned on July 2015 ,so in total i have completed 5.1 year.

They have asked me withdrawal the PF from first company and given another PF number for the second company.

Now when i asked for gratuity amount company is not ready to pay the amount.

Is iam eligible for gratuity if company have transfer me to another company by themself and what action need to taken

Please advise.

Learning

6 Replies

r.sathyanarayanan   31 March 2016

Give a claim to your company,if they are not paying you with in 15 days,file case before asst commr of labour.

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     31 March 2016

refer the matter to the asst labor commissioner he would intervene and get you.

if it is brought to the notice of the company it would pay yr gratuity.

Section 14 is clear that the provisions of the Act or any rule made there under shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any other enactment or in any instrument or contract having effect by virtue of any other enactment. The payment of gratuity under the Act is thus made obligatory being one of the minimum conditions of service. The non-compliance of the provisions of the Act is made as an offence punishable with the imprisonment or fine. It is settled law that the establishments which have no capacity to give to their workmen the minimum conditions of service prescribed by the Statute have no right to exist [Bijay Cotton Mills Ltd. v. The State of Ajmer; Mis. Crown Aluminium Works v.Their Workmen, [1958] SCR 65 and U.Unichoyi and Ors. v. State of Kerala,] With the implementation of VI CPC and pension benefits accruing on completion of 20 years qualifying service, and also that the extent of benefits of adding years of qualifying service for purposes of computing pension/related benefits like gratuity was to be withdrawn, the GOI/Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions, Dept. of P&PW Office vide Memorandum No. 7/7/2008-P&PW(F) dated 13-02-2009 ,Para 3-have issued Orders to this effect duly withdrawing the adding years of 2 qualifying service (33 years) for the purposes of commuting pension as well as other related benefits such as gratuity.

approach labor asst commissioner he would get you

appr

if the srvices are not included in yr new company on cpmpputation of yr service to the company in toto.

pls read an article posted in the lawyers club that might help you solve yr issue

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 March 2016

The letter of conitnuance of service has been given to you and it may rescuse you.

Submit FormI 30days before LWD, and mention the detail of the service and reference number of letter and that copy is attached and obtain acknowledgment of FormI. 

Request to suply you the Notice of Dtermination of Gratuity, by Redg. post.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register