LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MANOJ KUMAR BAIRWA (asst manager)     13 August 2012

Company is not issuing experience certificate

I have worked in a very ethical pvt company (Belong to the most respectful brand of India, TATA) for almost 4 years. On the basis of experience in this company I have applied for a managerial post in a govt bank and I have finally selected. Now my new employer is asking for experience certificate which clearly shows the nature of duties I have performed, otherwise I will not allow to join. I have contacted to HR department of my previous employer to get his certificate, but they have denied to produce me the experience certificate. Even I have sent them the letter from nationalized bank, in which it clearly mentioned the necessity of the documents. Even I have contacted to HR head of my previous employer, but still there is not any positive answer I have received from them.

In such case kindly help me as I have already resign from current employee to get relieving letter in time and if I will not able to join my next employee due to non availability of work experience certificate, I will loose both jobs. Kindly suggest me in this regard.

Thanks
Manoj Kumar Bairwa

Learning

5 Replies

ABHIJEET PARIKH (Bcom LLB MBA)     13 August 2012

Dear Manoj

TATA must be having their pre-determined HR Policy as all the big organisations have Experience Letter in many organisation is normally given after 5 or more year in service

If u get the TATA HR Policy in place then only appropriate measures can be taken

regards

Abhijeet

MANOJ KUMAR BAIRWA (asst manager)     13 August 2012

Dear Abhjit,

Thanks for reply. Then in such case what should be my step since my new company is asking for the same. Although in advertisement they have asked for two year work experience.  BTW I am going to join PNB. Although company has issued me service cetificate, showing my designation and time perios of my assoication with them. Can be PNB cancel my candidature on the basis of not producing the experience certificate, although same has been checked during my interview as well. After that I have been selected.

Regards

Manoj

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 August 2012

You are within your rights to get service certificate from your employer.

You may have to peruse. Don't give up.

Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946

SCHEDULE IB : Model Standing Orders on Additional items Applicable to all Industries

1. Service record

Matters relating to service card, token tickets, certification of service, change of residential address of workers and record of age.

(ii) Certification of service : (a) Every workman shall be entitled to a service certificate, specifying the nature of work (designation) and the period of employment (indicating the days, months, years) at the time of discharge, termination, retirement or resignation from service;

Delhi Govt. Labor website:

Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946

Certificate on termination of service.-

Every permanent workman shall be entitled to a service certificate atthe time of his dismissal, discharge or retirement from service.

Liability of 1[employer].-

The 1[employer]of the establishment shall personally be held responsible for theproper and faithful observance of the standing orders.

Service certificate.-

Everyworkman who was employed continuously for a period of more than threemonths shall be entitled to a service certificate at the time of hisleaving the service of employer.

Exhibition and supply of standing orders.-

Acopy of these orders in English and in the regional languages of thelocal area in which the mine is situated shall be posted at themanager's office and in such other places of the mine as the employermay decide and it shall be kept in a legible condition. A copy of thestanding orders shall be supplied to a workman on application, onpayment of a reasonable price. A trade union in the establishment will,however, be entitled to the free supply of a copy of the standingorders, provided the union is one which is recognised by the employer.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     13 August 2012

You have posted that"Although company has issued me service cetificate, showing my designation and time perios of my assoication with them. Can be PNB cancel my candidature on the basis of not producing the experience certificate,"

The service certificate is also experience certificate.

sumit jain (xyz)     28 June 2014

I am facing the same problem even after following up with my employer  they  are not issuing me any experience certificate specifying the nature of duties performed 

Can any one help me in this regards

Thanks in advance

Sumit Jain

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register