LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muhasin Razak   18 May 2018

College refuse to refund caution deposit full amount

Sir, i have completed my B.com from a self financing college. Now i had completed my course and when i go to collect my TC and Caution Deposit which i was paid at the time of taking admission of Rs.1000. Now the management told that they will refund only Rs.300. They told us that the college is collecting a Comman fine from every students of Rs. 500 and They will deduct Rs. 200 for allumini fees also... But the management is not saying details about the comman fine of Rs. 500, they are deduct Rs.700 from each every students by saying Comman fine and Allumini fees. In our college their is around 2000+ students and they will deduct Rs.700 from Caution Deposit of each students.... Is their any rule for college to take 50% caution deposit as Comman fine from every student??? And the college is not ready to explain about the Comman fine too... Is it compelsery for every student to pay Alumini fees Rs. 200??? If college collects 500rs from eacj students.. they will get Rs.1000000 from students by collecting a comman fine.. What is this common fine? Is their any rule for management to collect common fine from each and every student... ? Can i handle this legally? Can i file a Complaint against this? How can we get our caution deposit back?

Learning

4 Replies

Jishnu Raveendran   07 June 2018

heard that many colleges are doing the same. Our college is also doing it. But i too have doubt whether there is such rules. So if you get any information on this. Please inform it to me.

heard that many colleges are doing the same. Our college is also doing it. But i too have doubt whether there is such rules. So if you get any information on this. Please inform it to me.

ChristopherCollins   01 March 2021

Hello to all. I find it strange to hear this, but the college should not impose any fines. At least the amount should be different. A single fee is possible if you use writing resources for college, or if you receive a university certificate for completing the course. I still hope that everything went well for you and the amount turned out to be insignificant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register