Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

francis (CHIEF)     12 December 2013

Collateral security given pls advice


I have given my property as Collateral Security of my Ex-Friend's Relative now he is not repaying the loan amount now i got letter from bank as Demand Notice. Shall i file a complaint as Criminal case or is it civil case.

Pls Advice.




 1 Replies


                       you have stated that you have mortgaged your property to the bank as collateral security to your friend's loan. So you are under obligation in law to discharge the loan if your friend does not pay or else there is a likelihood of your bank to  proceed against your property  for the recovery of  the mortgage loan. Under the given circumstances the best way is to  request your friend to repay the loan and get your property released from the bank free of  mortgage charge.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query