Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Damodar (Director)     27 August 2011

Claim of deceased mothers property

Dear Sir,

My maternal grandfather(deceased) had a property, which after his death, son got transfered in his name without including his mothers and sisters name.Now my grandmother and mother are expired, only my uncle is living. I do not know whether my mother has executed deed of relinquishment.(how do I check it?).My question is whether I can challenge this mutation of my uncle, can I ask for partition of my grandfathers property? can I enjoy my deceased mothers property if I put a claim by filing a suit for partition? even if deed of relinquishment is (for example sake) executed?

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   27 August 2011

To answer this query and determination of right of legal heirs, it is needed to know the date of death of your grandfather,grandmother and also your mother.

Damodar (Director)     27 August 2011

Thanks for your reply, as far as my knowledge goes my grandfather expired somewhere in 1955, grandmother in 1986, and mother in 1983. It looks like from the past records my uncle directly after his fathers death, included only his name in form I & XIV and it still continues as on today.

Damodar (Director)     28 August 2011

sir, this case is in goa, hence these property records were in portuguese recorded on form III , which were later transfered to manual written books of form I&XIV, later it went computerised.My uncle in the year 1956 after fathers death transfered property in his name on manual form I&XIV as legal heir. kindly advise

Damodar (Director)     29 August 2011

Thanks for your reply, as far as my knowledge goes my grandfather expired somewhere in 1955, grandmother in 1986, and mother in 1983. It looks like from the past records my uncle directly after his fathers death, included only his name in form I & XIV and it still continues as on today.

sir, this case is in goa, hence these property records were in portuguese recorded on form III , which were later transfered to manual written books of form I&XIV, later it went computerised.My uncle in the year 1956 after fathers death transfered property in his name on manual form I&XIV as legal heir. kindly advise

Damodar (Director)     30 August 2011

Anybody there for reply and guidence?

Damodar (Director)     05 September 2011

can anyone answer my querry?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register