LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prodyut Banerjee (Advocate (Corporate Lawyer))     01 October 2011

Ciitation acceptability in court

Can I submit a copy of a Judgement before a Court of Law where such Judgement is taken and printed out from a free legal website ?(the print out contains full judgement with necessary details about the Court, Judge, date of pronouncement etc and the source website name is also printed at the bottom of every page.) Is it acceptable by a court?

Please note that the print is not taken from any online librery but from a free legal site such as lawyersculbindia.com.

Members view solicited.

Learning

1 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     01 October 2011

If you already have the case number and the details of the case, then you can find that case on website of High Court or Supreme Court, as the case may be. I do not think that a private website can be cited as a source.

On a second thought I find the many case details are available in .pdf files without any source details in them on court websites by search option . If you do not mention the source, it may not create problem especially if it is a well known case, like Kesavananda Bharati Vs The State of Kerala and Others (AIR 1973 SC 1461).

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register