LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

 1 Replies

Anusha Singh   25 October 2021

As per your query it is understood that you need information regarding the water leakage problem in your flat.

Case 1: As per rule, if the water leakage is caused by some alterations done by the flat owner staying above, then it is his/her responsibility to address it. You need to write a letter to Managing Committee of your CHS and get it resolved. If it doesn't get resolved, you can escalate the matter to Local Municipal Corporation as well as Deputy Registrar of your area.

Case 2: If it is not the fault of flat owner staying above you, then the expenses to stop/repair leakage has to be borne equally by you and above flat owner as per law. Same procedure as per above needs to be followed if above flat owner is not ready to co-operate and share the expenses.

In either of the cases, you will have to rigorously follow-up with the concerned authorities until you resolve the issue. These are teething issues and bound to take time if above flat owner doesn't co-operate. Build pressure on above flat owner by taking help of other flat owners of CHS and managing committee. Don't fight. Solve it amicably in a smart way.

Please provide detailed fact so that I can give precise advice.

Hope it helps!



Anusha Singh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query