LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

puneet sandhu (service)     09 October 2012

Child custody & maintainence

Hello every body, I have a case going on and need ur help. I am government doc in faridabad. One and half year back Out of dispute my wife left me and also have taken my kid(daughter) in my absence. After it lots of reconcilliation but no results. I have put case against her under g/w act as she disallowed my meet with my daughter. She files 125crpc for maintainence for daughter. My wife is also well educated working as lecturer in gurgaon. My objection in case is she has left my daughter in hands of her old age nani in punjab while she was working and living in gurgaon. case is going on in punjab as child is living there so jurisdiction lies there. My child is also suffering from rare kidney disease. In their maintainence case us 125 they demanded 10,000 per month- 5000 for treatment expenses and rest as usual. I love my daughter so much and cant expect life without her and I ask my wife many times to have money outside rather than wasting money in court. But no reply. Now after about 1 yr, Judge have announced 5000 interim maintainence due to our objection if she need 5000 as treatment expense why dont she gave me medical bills and i can claim from govt as entitled for medical reimbursement. To that they say no she is alright now. So judge gave order of 5000. But I actually wants my daughter back. To this judge says some very irresponsible statements --  judge says me you shd better know that child usually goes to mother ( a statement which contradict whole thoery then why it is said paramonut consideration is welfare of child. It shd be paramount consideration is mother of child.) She even uses many statements regarding my demand of being rights as father. In terms of my demand of interim relief in terms of visitaion I demanded let child be handed over to me every saturday and return on sunday so equal time shd be there for have fair justice play in petition of custody. SHe says no to get my kid outside. She says you meet here in court on day of giving maintainence to her nani in court. What and absolute sh*t, Mixing two things maintainence and visitation, Is bringing kid in court and meeting there is called welfare of child. Doesn't child have to take leave on that day of meet in working court date. Is this called judiciary and their standards of being calling this "welfare of child".

Pls help me what should I do. I do not wants to have visitation in court( see negativity in court premises- depressed people, parties ruining each other, addvocates runing here and there, culprits, victims, cops,) Shall I go to high court. on basis of welfare of child not kept in head before making this decision, mixed two things inspite high and supreme court orders maintainence and visitaion are seperate things and even non paying of maintainence shall not come between visitation rights.

NEed ur views.

Learning

12 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     09 October 2012

puneet

How old is your daughter , why dont you ask for custody being a doctor and diseases your daughter is sufffering you are the person to be with her . File an application on medical grounds for your daughter that she  needs treatment which as a doctor you can give her .

If your application is rejected you can file appeal . As  well sit for settlement with your wife because its the child who is suffering .

stanley (Freedom)     09 October 2012

First and foremost never ask for a out of court settlement . Be strong visitation  can never  be denied under  supervision do you believe in this this fact . whatever be it atleast start with visitation in court premises or at a NGO than as relation ship develops between you too under change of circumstances approach once again for longer visitation hours without supervision .

1. Criminals too are granted visitation rights under supervision .

2. you are not even a criminal so on what basis can she deny or can the judge .

3. Hire a seasoned Advocate or as you yourself have said it approach the high court 

3. if your lawyer is not efficient than change him all the more if you are really determined to get visitation study law appear party in person and contest the case . 

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     09 October 2012

You have a great case with good representation you can pretty much get full custody, leave alone visitation. You are a doctor - the child is ill - you are in a position to give state of art medical care - the mother is away - child at her parental house, this pretty much says it all. It does not stand to reason that child should stay there.  Welfare of the child lies with you. Consult a good family lawyer. 

Good Luck !

Bharat Chugh

Advocate Supreme Court of India

@ Advo Nikhil seth. My daughter is 5 yr old. Guardian and ward act or child custody case is already going on. All facts including her medical condition is stated by me in petition. Little depressed by not given proper visitation.

@stanley Ya agreed with you. I will start visitation as per order now. Will also approach high court asking for more relief since meeting n court is not going to benefit both. Both my daughter and me have to take leave. plus court premises is full of negativity. How can i check her health status and her educational well being in court as mother not living with kid.

@Advo Bharat chugh I agree. But reality is not so. Good advocates dont even take my case as everybody knows judiciary is biased towards females and thats case of daughter custody so everybody tells me no chance of me winning it. You can even imagine in consideration of interim relief Judge has said me normally child goes to mothers so why you have this petition. Judge is actually pronouncing judgement even before actual hearing of petition has not started. Surely going to high court to get relief more by showing them Bombay high court guidelines. Hope to get good lawyer in punjab and haryana high court, more so hope to get good judge at seat. Guide me weather I am on right track.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     09 October 2012

Que. 1:- What is Dx of child?

Love to hear that first then your rest of the facts as it is always reverse engineering in child custody which helps getting custody.

1. According to disease treatment includes life saving drugs like steroids to check protein leakage through urine. but acc to my wife she is well now. as time gap she left our home is 1 & 1/2 yr. So i am not aware of present medical condition. 2. I am an ayurvedic doctor working as ayurvedic medical officer under haryana govt posted at faridabad.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     09 October 2012

Originally posted by : puneet
  1. According to disease treatment includes life saving drugs like steroids to check protein leakage through urine. but acc to my wife she is well now. as time gap she left our home is 1 & 1/2 yr. So i am not aware of present medical condition.  

. Seems the child has been earlier Dx having Albumin appearing in her urine if her kidneys are leaking protein and can be measured in the urine at regular intervals and in the blood to show how severe her protein leak is all about. She may have ¿Nephrotic Syndome?.  The best way to find out is via a renal biopsy. This call a parent takes in best interest of the minor as you are also aware of such medical protocols ?. Seems she has been Rx some 'ACE inhibitor' more or less looks to me from your brief?. A mother is not right to declare if child is OK, it is job of a paed. nephro. I am concerned about the gap freak mother nature playing with your visitation right now on child's medical needs stock taking grounds vis-à-vis if judiciary has been told the correct way medical relapse history of the child in future if corrective measures are not taken by either parents?.

However above being the main point if colly. facts are to be read down then child is not to be left in care / company of a old nani at all when her own natural mother is not around to watch symptoms such as swelling of face / abs. which is what in children’s in such conditions are observed at regular intervals. Since you are an Ayurveda Dr. the child needs to be interim handed over to you for the diagnostic and enlarged treatment care part as she needs careful medical supervision and I need not have to add that child need not to undergo some long term complications just because some status quo is maintained by the Court and is acting as obstruction in “child rights first” scenarios herein.

Search here in LCI some of my oldest replies on parens patriae principles and for the same State ought to play a responsible role. You have to invoke just that and even Hon’ble SC has agreed to it.

This is a fit case of immediate medical intervention over natural mother’s sabbatical emotions and sentiments job when she herself is not present as child's primary care giver on the spot.

Other repliers have guided you quite sufficiently and if you can expand in medical terms opening para before the Bench then I donot see any hitch Court will have to grant you interim custody with reporting to Court on your able medical supervision keeping spirit of "best interest of the child" primary over parents rights to visitation / custody. Or pray to Court to provide direct to the Child medical intervention now and not later which a Court is competant to Writ accordingly.

Expand above medical part as you know being Dr. what I am exactly talking here.     

stanley (Freedom)     10 October 2012

Puneet go through the attachment  

Attached File : 640877655 nationalcharter for children.clause 8.13.14.16.17.18.22 (2).pdf downloaded: 82 times

puneet sandhu (service)     10 October 2012

Respected Tajobsindia,

1.  Yes my daughter is suffering from nephrotic syndrome. First diagnosed in jan 2010. At that time admitted in batra hospital new delhi. Treated with I/V albumin, steroids and others.

2. From jan2010-feb 2011, My daughters faces brunt of relapses and remissions of syndrome and steroids goes on as chart and daily urine check up of albumin.

3. In feb 2011, she was taken by my wife to punjab in my absence. I have proof of that in form of submission by principal of play school. Same has been submitted by me in court.

4. As per My wife stating in court she is saying that my daughter is doing well now with minimum medicines just to prevent relapses. But I argue this in court with judge that its double standard of other party while on one hand they demanded maintainence of 10000/month from which 5000 was demanded of medical expenditures of daughter. I said if she is ill it shd be better be in custody of father doc. To avoid this confrontation during consideration of both cases she says dont give 5000 of maintainence so by saying as per dr vinay aggarwal (M.D paed. Nephro) treatment going on from delhi and doc says she is better. 

5. Judge gaves some irrelevant verbal remarks like while arguing against that mother not living with child and kept in hand of her nani. Judge says you may not know condition of mother of child, she has to left child in hand of some care taker, mother may be calling 10 times a day to her child-- totaly irradiculous statement,  how can you compare if mother calling 10 times a day equal to most sensitive age of child need parents at home and taking care of all her necessities. How can a mother living away some 500 km away from child can even come into picture of so called wellbeing or welfare of child. 

6. You think I shd go to high court and demand modification of order on basis of facts mentioned by you.

7.  Doe this national charter for children2003 is remedy in this regard or mumbai high court guidelines will do favour.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     10 October 2012

Originally posted by : puneet
  1.  Yes my daughter is suffering from nephrotic syndrome. First diagnosed in jan 2010. At that time admitted in batra hospital new delhi. Treated with I/V albumin, steroids and others.

XXX

4. XXX as per XXX paed. Nephro treatment going on from delhi and doc says she is better. 

XXX

6. You think I shd go to high court and demand modification of order on basis of facts mentioned by you.

7.  Doe this national charter for children2003 is remedy in this regard or mumbai high court guidelines will do favour.

Bingo !!!

Both docs. are persuasive tools to a well structured arguments in child custody case wherein the child is in need of medical attention by having active parent(s) physical presence. BTW, nani is not necessary party to this case he he tomorrow fathers having status quo custody can say the same, now will Court give a hoot on it and the answer naturally will be NO J

I don’t wish to expand more than what I hinted in my second reply and I have a felling you are just there and like to part from this thread with a chota sa hint “separate child maintenance issue from persuasive medical database based arguments for getting interim custody transferred to you; the case is all yours and yes ask for transfer of Court on expanding in-sensitive Judge such and such lines – it is very much possible to achieve all these”

I pass the baton to @ Stanly on your facts, touch base with him in PM mode, I have confidence in him and he may not let me down J J J.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     10 October 2012

Some facts about the disease-- Nephrotic Syndrome per se is relatively benign kidney disease. Most of the cases are steroid responsive n kidney functions are restored. Relapses are also common. Futher course of Tt dependes on whether relapses are frequent or non frequent.

But few things are sure to favor u

* Such child is immunocompromised (his immunity becomes low) while he is on steroids----means he is under constant threats from diasese.

* Such child needs constant supervision & frequent investigations

* In rare cases, kidney biolpsy becomes necessary.

So plead that her mother has left the child to the naani while she suffers from such disease. This is itself cruelty to little soul

puneet sandhu (service)     10 October 2012

great point by mr rajiv

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register