Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Single Mother   17 March 2016

Child custody

Hi, 

I was married in 1999 to Mr. A and had a daughter. Then we were divorced with mutual consent. I remarried Mr. B and my daughter and me changed our surnames. My daughter was never adopted legally by Mr. B but still in the schools everywhere her fathers name is Mr. B. Now I am going for second divorce. (i.e with Mr. B). Now, for senior school, I have to fill in the form which will remain her identity throughout her life. In her birth certificate her name and fathers name is Mr. A.

What should I do ? I am totally lost.  

Learning

8 Replies

Prashanth G (Software Engineer)     17 March 2016

Hello Mrs single Mother ,

You took divorce twice ,so how much money you took ? there must be BIG settlement right ?

Regards ,

Prashanth

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 March 2016

To make the things easy for your child, mention the name of her biological father in her school record because the birth certificate issued by the municipality does mention that name as her father. In case for her immigration in any other country, anytime in future the name of the father should be same as in her birth certificate as well her school and higher education records.

Single Mother   17 March 2016

Mr. Prashanth, kindly refrain yourself from posting such remarks. You do not know what the other person might be going through.  

Mr. Mahajan, thank you for your advice. i will act accordingly. The school records till now have Mr. B as father. So, can an affidavit help?

Fatherforjustice   18 March 2016

Mrs Single mother ....its good u openely discussed ur point....as a father i think mother should not change fathers name of child which was in birth certificate. changing number of identities of child will let her too in confusion when she grows up. even ur A can take objection.

I have a dughter residing with her mother , i have taken objection when my wife tried to change name and family court has slamped my wife.

Single Mother   18 March 2016

Fatherforjustice,

The complication is that when she was in lower class, her fathers name was changed and the idea was that Mr. B wud eventually adopt her legally. But Mr. A(biological father) was not contactable these many years and so NOC cud not be taken from him. NOw the birth certificate and the trasfer certificates do not match. Thats why I am in a fix. To get her admitted in a new school or to get her a passport, birth certificate will matter. Then would an affidavit solve the problem?

Single Mother   18 March 2016

Fatherforjustice,

The complication is that when she was in lower class, her fathers name was changed and the idea was that Mr. B wud eventually adopt her legally. But Mr. A(biological father) was not contactable these many years and so NOC cud not be taken from him. NOw the birth certificate and the trasfer certificates do not match. Thats why I am in a fix. To get her admitted in a new school or to get her a passport, birth certificate will matter. Then would an affidavit solve the problem?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     18 March 2016

Please ask the School Authorities about this. The affidavit in this regard mentioning all facts duly signed and attested by Notary Public on Rs 10 Non-judicial paper should be sufficient if the school authorities are not adamant about any other form of document in this regard. More so for higher classes where the examination are being conducted by Central Board of Education, the forms with regard to the student particular has to be filed by the student, duly signed by the parent and school principal, this becomes the information in the school certificate of 10th board as well 12 board result for the student and the certificate of both these classes mention the both names of both parents as per the particular provided by the student and school in the forms as mentioned above.

Single Mother   19 March 2016

@ Soyanut - Sorry. I am not interested.

@ adv. Mahajan - I'll ask the school authorities. Thank you very much for your guidance.

I'll mske an affidavit that daughter's surname was changed and taccording to the birth certificate the biological father is Mr. A and continue with the fathers name as Mr. A.

I think this should suffice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register