Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gajendra HV (Consultant)     08 February 2012

Cheque misuse

Hi,

My father was paying back the money to one of our relative through cheque for Rs.5000/- every month.  One month my relative did not submit the cheque to bank but my father was paying the remaining amount every month through cheque for Rs.5,000/-.  But for our surprise the cheque which our relative had kept with him without submitting, he has made changes in the cheque that is he has added figure NINE and word NINE in the cheque and filed a criminal case.

Me and my father took the photocopy of the cheque and saw it.  It is clearly visible to the naked eye that cheque has been modified and submitted to bank.

But for our bad luck in one of the court we lost the case and he had applied for lab verification of the cheque but court did not allow us to do that.

Now we have took forward to the next level and it is pending for judgement.

Pls help us to win this case.

Regards,

Gajendra HV

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     08 February 2012

It is a good case.  How you lost the case it is wonder. 

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     08 February 2012

Send the details to my mail.  So I can advise you properly

(Guest)

Gajendra,

I am sure either your father hasn't  written the amount in words or he made enough space before writtig the amount in words.

secondly as per RBI guideline any alteretion on the cheaque except the date portion mmade it as cancelled cheaque.

Can you send me the details of the matters and also the cheaque scan copy so that i can guide you.

reeti shah (lawyer)     10 February 2012

Dear Sir,

It is surprising how u lost the case. Email me the order so that I can advise you on the same. One cannot atler the cheque except the date as per the RBI rule.

Sincerely,

Advocate Reeti Shah

reeti@corpusjurislaw.com

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     13 February 2012

Pl tell what was written on Bank Dishonor Slip ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register