LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nagaraj   09 September 2016

Cheque bounce notice

Respected Sir

If the person intentionaly refused to take the cheque bounce notice what is the next procedure. kindly guide me


 6 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     09 September 2016

Send the notice through registered post with acknowledgement
2 Like

Nagaraj   10 September 2016

Respected Sir

IPC Sec. 173 also, if he refused what is next kindly reply sir

thank you


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 September 2016

Such unopened cover with such remarks by postal dept., is treated as valid notice.  Further proceedings can be initiated as though notice was served.

Contact your advocate and explore the possibility of publishing the notice in news papers, which is detrimental to his reputation, and he may come for compromise, if he comes to know of such news paper publication.

1 Like

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     15 September 2016

agreed with 

'Send the notice through registered post with acknowledgement'
1 Like

kalyan singh Ex public Prosecu (advocate)     17 September 2016

Mr Nagraj, if the person refused to take the legal notice sent through registered post or speed post and the report comes as unclaimed then it will be treated as if the notice is served.you go ahead and file the complaint. 

1 Like

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     22 September 2016

Under Section 27 of the General Clauses Act, if the cover containing the notice was properly stamped and addressed and sent by registered post, that will serve the legal purpose of sending the notice, whether the post was received by the addressee or not.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads