LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vimal raj   07 November 2018

Cheque Bounce Case


We had a working partnership with a person but unfortunately the business didn't went as expected so we signed dissolving deed with post dated cheque. Since we meet into lose so couldn't honour the PDC. She filled a cheque bounce case. In the meantime, we partially sold the business and done the name change as well.

With that sold amount we had a offline agreement with them and repaid 95% of the cheque amount (upon mutual consent - written and signed in a normal paper by both the parties) and agreed to withdraw the case as well.

But they didn't withdraw the case yet and they're demanding for the balance 5%.

What should I do now?


 1 Replies

R Trivedi (     09 November 2018

Actually the case under S.138 is not made out here, as there is no liability. But pay 5% honorably, not much to worry about cheque bounce case as you have already paid 95% and even otherwise case is not made out. Of course it will painful till it gets over.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query