Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

m vinodh kumar (gm)     03 December 2014

Cheque bounce case

Dear Sir

I am M Vinodh Kumar, Hyderabad. One of my ex-friend filed cheque bounce case against me on Nov 2013. I appreared to court on 2nd nov 2013. the complainant's lawyer attended on that day. i got the date on 7th Dec 2013. from that day every month i am getting the dates till date. but the complainant's lawyer nor complainant attended the case not even once. the judge asked to file counter. my lawyer asked to provide copy of documents submitted by the complainant. atlast in Aug 2014 i received documents from the court. i filed counter in sep 2014. my lawyer submitted in the counter that the complanant has filed the case beyond the time limit by 15 days, therefore the case should be dismissed. Since sep 2014, i attend court every month, but my lawyer stopped coming to the court inspite of my repeated requested. in the month of oct 2014, the judge said during the hearing that the next apperance i.e., on 2nd dec 2014 would be final. but when i attended yesterday, he gave new date i.e, on 2nd jan 2014.

please provide your valuable advise. will the case be dismissed, because the complainant if not appearing? or should i appoint another lawyer? for how long will this go on? what should i do further now? kindly advise.

Learning

7 Replies

Sunil S Nair (lawyer)     03 December 2014

Judge giving dates is a regular process of court nor you or any one can interfere with it of your opinion changing Advocate you know your advocate better its your own choice

Pragnya B Mishra (Others)     03 December 2014

If the complainant is persistently not appearing or appearing and praying for adjournment without sufficient cause, court may dismiss for default or non prosecution.

Of course you can change your lawyer. You should get a good lawyer who can influence the court and get the matter dismissed now for once and all. You already incurred decent litigation cost for no reason whatsoever.

nikhil singh (Advocate)     03 December 2014

Get the case dismissed on Default for non-prosecution as Complainant is not diligent enough to proceed the case. On this Judge will pass an order discharging you.  Changing a lawyer is your personnel choice. But it will better for you to appear on next date with your lawyer.

Nikhil Singh
Associate, Law Consults
'LawCon House', D-61, East of Kailash
New Delhi - 110065
https://www.law-consults.com
https://www.lawinc.in

+917838078186+919352444446

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     04 December 2014

Move an application under S.256 CrPC for dismissal in absence of complainant, also insist that the same must be decided on the same day. You can site all the absences of past. There is no provision in the law to keep S.256 application pending, either dismissal or move on.

If court dismisses and complainant does not come even on the next date, move a new application again on the next date. You can ask the Hon court under what provision he is giving such indulgence to complainant when S.256 CrPC is there for your rescue.

Pragnya B Mishra (Others)     04 December 2014

Mr Trivedi: complainant's presence may be dispensed with under s/256 itself?

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     04 December 2014

Court is asking accused to file the counter, what does it mean ? Is it a civil case ?? How can court ask the accused to disclose his defense even before evidence of complainant is over ?  Do not you think that complainant will cover his grounds in the cross if accused submits his counter ? CRPC does not mandate any counter ?

In cheque bounce cases, accused has no role to play before cross examination and if complainant is not coming for few dates, how his absence can be dispensed with ? What work the court would do in the case ? Read S.256 Carefully, it is not the limitless discretion of the court to dispense with absence of complainant, one or two dates are fine in the interest of justice not beyond.

Accused is afraid or does not understand, counsels are busy and the Hon court is more busy, thats all is the matter, no one is applying mind.

Pragnya B Mishra (Others)     04 December 2014

Originally posted by : nikhil singh

Get the case dismissed on Default for non-prosecution as Complainant is not diligent enough to proceed the case. On this Judge will pass an order discharging you.  Changing a lawyer is your personnel choice. But it will better for you to appear on next date with your lawyer.

Nikhil Singh
Associate, Law Consults
'LawCon House', D-61, East of Kailash
New Delhi - 110065
https://www.law-consults.com
https://www.lawinc.in

+917838078186, +919352444446

Mr Nikhil:

I agree. Logically accused should be discharged. But which  provision of CrPC? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register