Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

krish (professional)     10 September 2012

Cheque bounce

one person cheated me and the cheques are bounced. The cheque was presented in the same bank where I and he has the account. when I presented these cheques those were returned as Funds insufficient. But there was no credit and debit in my account (I think this is from the same bank and they did not do an explicit credit and debit). I have asked for the the memo and they gave the memo with bank seal & initials (hand written pre-formatted memo with the deposit slip) with insufficient funds. Cheque dates were 9-Jun-2012 and 23-Jun-2012. cheques presented on 6-sep-2012. Is this memo sufficient to file a cheque bounce case? Or there should be an explicit and debit in the account? He is not receiving my calls and when I told him about this he is threatening me that he is not gong to pay.

Do I need to represent the cheque in a different bank (to have the credit and debit in account) before taking up the case? please advice, I am very tensed. How do I get the money back from him?





 1 Replies

krish (professional)     10 September 2012

Can I approach police in this regard? Any help is appreciated.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register