IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

funbi   29 January 2015

Chennai family court judgement copy

I live outside India - However I need to get the copy of my judgement which I didnt attend.  My lawyer makes me think it is a big deal and I need to come in person to India to obtain.I have checked the whole internet for this however Family court judgements are not available online. Can some one guide me as How I can get the judgement coy sooner. Is my presence need to apply in person in India  ?  How soon I can get the copy  ? 


Appreciate anyone's direction 


 6 Replies

funbi   29 January 2015

I meant chennai family court 

IKGoyal Advocate (Legal)     29 January 2015

Any friend of yours can get the copy of the judgment of the Family Court. You quote case no., Title of th case ; date of decision. Then the friend will send you the scanned copy. Moreover, you give the detail of your case here also.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 January 2015

Forget your lawyer and send an application even on plain paper with requisite fees (per page-which differ as per High Court Rules) to concerned Court with written authority, through any of your family member/friend for the same, you need not come to Chennai for this purpose only.

1 Like

funbi   31 January 2015

Thank you all for the direction.Much appreciate it

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 February 2015

You need not dependon the same lawyer who appears to extort undue or huge amount for this purpose.  You may liaise with any of your close relative who can handle the issue with simple prudence.  Or contact any other lawyer who will be able to do the needful to you, you may even follow the step suggested by expert Dr.Vashista.


Team - My lawyer asks me extra amount to get the certified judgement copy over and above the divorce fee as he needs to give to people over there.  To get certified copy, should a lawyer bribe the internal officers or he is persuading me for money.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query