Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjib (EA)     09 November 2014

Cheating while working abroad in middle east

Dear Sirs,

I was recruited by a company in Qatar, through an Ministry of Indian Overseas Affairs approved Recruitment Agency (holding MOOIA License), based in Banglaore for a salary on paper which was agreed through an formal Employment Agreement  duly signed by the Co's CEO who is Indian National (passport holder) holding co. in the State of Qatar through that particular Indian Rec. Agency.

Now when I reached there the next day I was asked to sign a different Employment Agreement with a lesser salary. Now I did not agree to sign the same and left the company after various conversation and emails to the CO. CEO after three months.

I have already written to MOOIA and after writing to Mr. Narendra Modi MOOIA was bound to reply after one month. Which was not satisfactory again.

Now kindly let me know where should I approach. Is it a criminal offence case? Or is it something else? Is any Human Rights NGO helping on this issue. Kindly advice.

Hope to hear from you very soon.

Regards,

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     11 November 2014

You have to file a Writ petition before the High Court in India against the Ministry of Indian overseas affairs and its subsidiary company in Qatar against the non considering of your letter sent to the above Ministry. 

You can also file a Criminal case under section 420 of I.P.C. against the Agency in Qatar.  For further details contact me 7893011777 or ravinder2345@gmail.com. I will take a second opinion on this matter from my Senior who is having 40 years experience in Service matters. 

Sanjib (EA)     11 November 2014

Dear Mr. Ravinder,

First of all thank you for the message.

One thing I would like to convey is that the Recruitment Agency is an Indian agency, based in Mumbai and not a Qatari Agency. But the company for whom I was recruited is an Qatary based Indian National's holding company.

Kindly advice.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 November 2014

you have been cheated where 

In India?

In Qatar?

Or both?

Can you establish that the agency knew what wages will be given to you and still they promised higher wages to you  to induce you to join and go to Qatar.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 November 2014

If you were recruited by the Indian agency and you have returned to India on the similar grounds as stated in your post, you may lodge a criminal complaint u/s420 of IPC, simultaneously a complaint with the consumer forum within the jurisdiction.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2014

Fully agree with Mr Kalaiselvan.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 November 2014

If the Indian Entity has charged any membership/consultation/employment fee from you or has retained any portion from amounts paid by you...... Or it has acted as recruiter/Indian Office/representative.....etc It is liable. Your lawyer may opine that you were recruited for deputation to foreign office...and can complain to Inspector under Shops & Commercial Establishment Act too...in addition to the remedies explained by experts. There are NGO that work to defend the interest of person like you that are deployed abroad.... If reply of the staff I'm ministry is not satisfactory, appeal to minister....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More